 CAD / 14904
Re: Previous step color scaling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 05:36:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
Hi all,

I am looking for a way to render fast top view images and thus creating images
like the original LEGO instructions they use in the Statue of Liberty.

To do top view rendering was answered in another question I asked.

Would it be possible to use previous step color scaling using LDView or LDGLite
as renderer in LPub?

I can't be sure, but it appears that LPub modifies the POV files that come out
of L3P in order to get that effect, instead of modifying the LDraw files it
sends to L3P/LDView/LDGLite.  So until this is changed in LPub, it doesn't
appear that there is any way to get that to work.  Note that even if
LDView/LDGLite supported this functionality (LDView definitely doesn't; not sure
about LDGLite), it wouldn't help, since LPub creates the LDraw files that it
sends to the programs, and it doesn't include step information in those files.

--Travis

Travis,

  You are correct.  LPub does this as a POV post-process.

  LPub could instead, do this in the step-dats with hexidecimal coloring, but
I've not gotten that done (yet?)

Kevin