 CAD / 14944
Re: Previous step color scaling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:52:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:

And how can one create building instructions without access to a *nix machine
(what is that anyway :-) and no cygwin components on a Windows PC?

Well, that's what LPub does, right?

LOL! I know (ofcourse). I wrote it wrong. I ment: how can one use the script
Travis provided to insert the PreL3P codes into the LDraw files :-)

Anyway, PreL3P should work at a Windows DOS prompt (or whatever you call it), so
the PreL3P-LDView technique we talk about here should be possible in Windows.
The shell script does require unix or cygwin, but you can do the same thing
manually - insert the two lines at the beginning of each step model and the line
at the beginning of the last step. Might not be fun with such a big model,
though.

No it won't be fun at all :-(

For my own projects, I'd started a similar script to apply PreL3P to many files
and render the results. It's far from presentable, but I suppose I could
eventually package it up for PC usage the same way I did with PreL3P. Won't be
soon, but might be useful.

I am still a bit confused how to work things out with PreL3P, but I will do some
testing and trying.

Thanks!

Jaco