 CAD / 13359
Re: img2sticker: Convert images into .ldr stickers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 03:43:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
   Dear all,

Following up from my teaser the other day, I’ve ‘completed’ my software to convert image files into ldraw files for use in sticker making and written a little tutorial about getting it to work.

Here is where you can download/understand/etc. the software and after that you can look at the tutorial.

I apologise to all that this version is really for the computer savvy as the whole thing is written in perl which requires either linux/unix/OSX or Windows with perl installed (linked to on the download page).

Please let me know if you use this program/enjoy it/hate a certain feature etc. If people like it (or want a version they can get working on their computer) I plan on releasing a C version when I can find the energy to rewrite.

Hope this proves useful,

Tim

PS. The code is GPL’d so if anyone wants to mess with it, please do!

I’ve made a few attempts to use this, but I’m not having much luck. I’ve installed Perl, and I think I’m using the command line correctly. I keep getting the following though:

“You do not have LDRAWDIR defined. This must be defined in order to run img2sticker”

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? I’m attempting to run this from the command line of a Windows XP machine.

-Elroy