 CAD / 13026
Re: img2sticker: Convert images into .ldr stickers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:26:40 GMT

   Also, Bob Kojima’s Bricksaic provides a very easy way to convert images to the LDraw colour palette.

ROSCO

I suspect that using this would be risky. My program actually implements a find-nearest colours routine but when dealing with aliased images, often the aliasing will come out to be grey, dark grey or even weirder colours (I match in HSV space which is perhaps dangerous here). That said if you restrict yourself to avoiding greys it should be OK.

Its just a pity that with 24bit colour everywhere, aliasing is used on everything (and of course it is hard to reverse). I remember in the good old days of 256 colour images where aliasing was only for the very, very best pictures.

Tim