 CAD / 13151
Re: img2sticker: Convert images into .ldr stickers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:06:48 GMT

Tim Gould wrote:
Dear all,

Following up from my <http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=12993 teaser> the other day,
I've 'completed' my software to convert image files into ldraw files for use in
sticker making {and} written a little tutorial about getting it to work.

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/timgould/temp/sticker1.png>>

<http://www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/gouldt/img2sticker/img2sticker.html Here> is where
you can download/understand/etc. the software and after that you can look at the
<http://www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/gouldt/img2sticker/tutorial.html tutorial>.

I apologise to all that this version is really for the computer savvy as the
whole thing is written in perl which requires either linux/unix/OSX or Windows
with perl installed (linked to on the download page).

Please let me know if you use this program/enjoy it/hate a certain feature etc.
If people like it (or want a version they can get working on their computer) I
plan on releasing a C version when I can find the energy to rewrite.

Hope this proves useful,

Tim

PS. The code is GPL'd so if anyone wants to mess with it, please do!

Tim,

   I cannot get this installed. I am running Mac OS X 10.3.9, and every
time I run the script,

perl install.pl img2

it creates a directory but then says "Could not copy file at install.pl
line 42." Line 42 (or the 42nd line that I came to when I loaded the
script into pico) is
     `copy img2sticker.bat $d\n` || die "Could not copy file";
img2sticker.bat is definitely in the same directory as the install
script and the destination directory.
   When I try to intall into /Users/'username'/img2 I get
sh: line 1: copy: command not found
Could not copy file at install.pl line 42.

Sorry, I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff, so I don't know
if its me or if Mac OS X is behaving unexpectedly.

Chris