 CAD / 12993
Teaser: Automatic sticker creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:04:33 GMT

Dear all,

I’ve been working hard lately on a program to convert bitmapped images (in BMP or RGB) format into vectorised ldraw images. It seems to be working OK now (with many caveats) and I hope to have a user-ready version ready soon, along with a tutorial on how to use it.

However, since I am having difficulty containing myself I’ve posted some teaser .ldr files into a Brickshelf account. You can see the results here:

NCLTC Logo Image (NCLTC members please let me know if you want this image taken down) http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/timgould/temp/ncltc_lg.bmp and .ldr file http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/timgould/temp/ncltc_lg.ldr

McDonalds logo http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/timgould/temp/mcd.ldr

And finally, a train using the logo of the Ghan, converted into an .ldr file and included in the .mpd

Note that the .ldr files are scalable as most of the pixellised lines are converted into vector lines (sometimes this doesn’t happen) so that the image should look good at any zoom. This can be seen clearly by looking at the front and side logos on the Ghan train.

Please let me know what you thing.

Tim