 CAD / 13032
Re: img2sticker: Convert images into .ldr stickers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:03:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
   The thing is, anti-aliasing should be invertible if you know the routine used to perform it in the first place.

Hmm, I don’t think so. Traditional antialiasing spreads the partial pixel errors from a line (or edge) into the adjacent pixels. In order to undo it you’d need to know where the line is, but that’s the very information you’re trying to recover from the image.

In this case you’re not working from an antialiased image, but rather one that has been sampled by a scanner or a digital camera. There was no antialiasing applied. They just save what they see, blended colors and all.

   Maybe someone could write a GIMP or Photoshop plugin for it.

I’m pretty certain they already have edge sharpening and unblur convolution filters which should be useful for undoing some of the blending, before converting to the closest ldraw colors.

Have fun,

Don