 Administrative / Terms of Use / 580
Re: IRON MECHA - The Qwelder Mech - FOR SALE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 23:29:41 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.admin.terms, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.admin.terms, Allister McLaren wrote:

To summarise, Eric's in the wrong regarding posting auctionspam, and regarding
using material of others without permission,

Yes. What do you propose is done about it? Let it go? Again? How many times
should it be let go before he is held accountable?

and you and your gang of trolls are
using that as an excuse to be disruptive, make fun of him, and egg him on
(knowing that you can easily get a rise out of him)

'Gang of trolls'? I speak for no-one but myself.

Look, Eric is the problem here, Lar. There's been plenty of times in the past
where I {have} let his tirades go. But there comes a point when even the most
patient fellow has to respond to his lunacy. I try to at least keep it to a
humourous level (most of the time), and if you can show me where I've breached
the TOS I'll happily delete the post. It's hardly my fault that Eric is so
mentally unbalanced that he takes {any} sort of criticism as an act of 'Evil
Oppression'.

instead of just letting it
go, since there's a leadership vacuum here, and has been for some time, with no
foreseeable leadership in the offing.

'Letting it go' has proved ineffective in the past, Lar, and I can guarantee it
won't stop Eric from repeating this in the future. I want Lugnet to be a nice
place as much as anyone, I'm just taking a different approach than this passive,
wimpy, ineffective 'letting it go'.

Honestly, the oversensitivity to any sort of conflict on this site is
ridiculous. The number of posts complaining about the arguing is often as high
as the ones doing the arguing. Either jump in and get dirty or shut the hell up.
The unsolicited opinions of lurkers that only ever post when there's a bit of
conflict are as much a part of the 'problem' as the thing they're complaining
about.

And what {is} happening about this leadership vacuum? There's been precious
little info about that, and none at all since August last year.

That's about the size of it, in my view.

Your view has been noted. No go crawl back under your Brickwiki rock.

and Have a Nice Day

Allister