 Administrative / Terms of Use / 557
Re: IRON MECHA - The Qwelder Mech - FOR SALE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:38:31 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Timothy Gould wrote:

   “HOLY CARP, ERIC DIDNT POST IN THE RIGHT FORUM,LETS USE THIS AS AN EXCUSE TO DESTROY HIM BECAUSE WE DONT LIKE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!”

More like “HOLY CARP, FOR THE SECOND TIME ERIC POSTED AN AD WHERE HE SHOULDN’T EVEN THOUGH HE’S BEEN ASKED NOT TO BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!”

Actually that’s more like what happens when people refuse to play fair. Let’s not avoid the fact that ERIC HAS DONE THIS BEFORE AND BEEN TOLD OFF FOR IT... not by me or any of his perceived (or otherwise) enemies but by a totally neutral party.

The point is when Eric did it there was a flame storm because of it and the first time had really the same result. So your defense that this is somehow ok because he has been told before is off. Flaming and trolling somebody for any reason is never ok on Lugnet.

   I have no problem with moderation but I’m not keen on frequenting anywhere with it. I know I’m not alone in this given the growing membership of jlug.

There are Lego forums that are heavy on the moderation that are growing at a much faster rate than jlug, and are many more times larger than jlug will ever be - so your growing membership of jlug may be all well and good, but it is not a sign that everybody wants to see what you are putting out.

   Look, I am not taking sides either way on this, but I find the selective enforcement of the rules by mass-hysteria here disgusting, and its a shame that it is allowed to happen.

What selective enforcement? Could you point out where I or anyone else complaining about Eric’s beaviour have consciously ignored such a severe breach before?

Not sure what Rich had in mind, but I have a great example right here. Now I noticed you left yourself with an out by saying ‘consciously ignored’, all you have to do is say something like ‘oh I never saw that’. But the fact remains Matt abused each and every one of the forums he posted that to (Announcements is a MAJOR no-no for posts like that. It should have been in BST so general was not the correct place. And since it was a BST type of post the storage and brickshops forums were also against the ToU of Lugnet). But people like Matt, so nobody said a word, nobody called him names and nobody flamed him.

   I’m glad you made your opinion known. Please come again and post next time there is something you don’t like. I hear that really makes for a positive forum.

Tim, many of your recent posts show that you yourself do not care to follow the ToU of Lugnet, and that is a shame. Times like this I wish Todd or Suz would do SOMETHING on this site to hold up the order they left behind long ago. You have taken MANY personal shots at Eric and have been throwing flames and acting the role of the troll. That may be all well and good for jlug, but jlug this is not. Remember - two wrongs do not make a right.

And if you cared about the ToU so much, why have so many of your posts (including the one I am replying to) been in the incorrect forum? I would think when you are flaming somebody for posting in the wrong forum you would be extra careful to put your posts in the correct forum.