 Off-Topic / Debate / 27714
Re: IRON MECHA - The Qwelder Mech - FOR SALE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 04:35:50 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:

   Wow! Such a short list! And no sign of the esteemed Messers Dulin or Arthur!

Maybe you esteem them, but I don’t. Anyway, I didn’t see them in this thread, which is the thread I was talking about, but if they turn up and act like Allister or Soren or you, I’ll be sure to add them to my mental list.

Here’s the thing, Eric is wrong and everyone else chastising him for his outlandish behaviour is right, in spirit, but the right thing to do was not to flame about it, make up rude pictures, or be a butt, it was to point it out and leave it at that. Then, to move on, or perhaps even send a note to the admins here asking/demanding/pleading that something be done, instead of using ridicule as a weapon in public.

Doing that is just wrong. That’s the major part of the trollish behaviour of Allister and Soren. Your trollish behaviour, on the other hand, is of a different, subtler sort. There are a few other people in this thread that ought to know better but I don’t see them being out and out trolls the way the three of you are in this thread.

There ain’t jack for enforcement around here, so the trolls get away with it, and even (see Allister’s latest stuff) apparently relish in it. If there was any rule of law here any more, a bunch of posts would have been murfled and a bunch of timeouts handed out. (not just Eric, mind you, although he’s probably due for a pretty long one for his behaviour, but several other people in this thread could use one as well)

But, the trolls are safe. It is not committees or discussions or studies that are needed, it is someone, or some set of someones, operating with a clear mandate from the owners, empowered to be decisive, and acting on that empowerment. Murfle the things that need murfling, hand out timeouts to the people that need them, and not put up with a lot of gafla. The closest we came to that was last year, but it became obvious that when the community squawked a bit, the owners didn’t have what it takes to stand by the people they empowered, so ... so much for that idea.

There isn’t jack for enforcement here, and whatever talk Suz talks, I’m not seeing any prospects for any... not any time soon, if ever.

Whatever. Too bad, really.

Now, if you’re true to form, you’re not going to respond substantively, you’re just going to keep picking away at irrelevancies but hey, prove me wrong.