 Administrative / Terms of Use / 562
Re: IRON MECHA - The Qwelder Mech - FOR SALE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:58:06 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.admin.terms, Eric Sophie wrote:
Tim, there is such a divide when it comes to the Letter of the Law and Spirit of
the Law. The letter of the law is influential, no doubt, however the greater
challenge is for us to embrace the spirit of comradery.

As for others, libelous slander is unlawful.

Eric,

hi, Tim.

Given the number of people complaining about your actions I would say you broke
both the letter and the spirit of the 'law'. Is it comradery to do something
that annoys many other people and be completely unrepentant about it?

Unrepentant to people who have axes to grind with me? Not likely. If you can
understand that, then perhaps you'll start to get it.

Is it
comradery to treat someone else with as little respect as you treated your
co-curator?

That is a relative circumstance, not a direct officiality in anyway.
As much love as I have for Mark. Sometimes, he doesn't get it either.
Though he is pretty darn awesome. He's got other priorities, sometimes seeing
only part of the story. He can call me and talk to me if he has any beef.
Speaking of, maybe that would be a good idea for a couple of us to talk on the
phone.

Is it comradery to steal someone elses work for your own profit?

My Mech is for sale, not the graphic. Quit being a nimrod. I chose that graphic
because I felt it was the best one I had that captured the essence of what the
robot was all about. As far as I knew, Mark made that drawing. (he is an artist
you know), and because he's my buddy, I didn't think he'd give me a hard time,
the thought never entered my head at all. He knows any sales I derive from my
artistry will go towards the cause. You and others could also benifet from
contributing a postive attitude. Making our hobby all the better.
Reaching more people, making it stronger.

I once asked a question at Brick Fest during the Keynote.

I said "What would you (TLC) like to see us as fans do, or amount to?"
Infact I did it twice.

Once, Brad responded, and once Jake responded, in front of all of us in person.

They both said, (wonderfully if I may add) [and paraphrase]

"keep doing what your doing! Your doing great....Keep having fun, build your
ideas, continue to build a market for yourselves, continue to grow, all the
Lugs, all the groups and special interests genres, keep it up! These kinds of
pursuits help to make a solid foundation for all of you as fans. In turn we
(TLG) as a coporation can help, the things that you as individuals cannot do, us
(TLG) as a multi national coporation, things we can do, we'll try to help.
(ok more Brad) Brick Link? We love Brick Link!

Now what I mean to point out here with this answer or philosophy, is that we
should continue to follow what we like to do. All of us should not make things
so strict that we end up falling all over ourselves, impeeding our ability to
make our enjoyment better than it ever could be.

Only when you answer yes to all of the above with a straight face will I believe
you genuinely care about comradery.

That's your argument and I don't subscribe to it. You have too many issues for
me to really understand your motives. In previous posts you stated I've been
rude to you, you also quote JUST LIKE SOREN, old posts from 2004?!! other posts
from months and months ago.

You actively campaighn to tell people not to buy my art, a direct act of war,
for which I rely to live. If we were in person, I'd smash your face for getting
in the way of my dream. How dare you.

So you want to point out all these hard laws, and then make the statement that
you are not keen on frequenting a forum that has moderation, yet you presume to
take on that role yourself? Quit tooling around.

Until then I will assume that what you mean
by "comradery" is "doing exactly what Eric Sophie wants".

If we were cool with eachother to begin with, we wouldn't have these issues now
would we. You have a bad attitude towards me, and just like a select few, I'll
never do right in your eyes. Boi.

Tim

To Suz and Todd, hey, I'm sorry to have to act like this, I really wish you
would understand the culture of hate that is in effect here. How many years has
it been? Wise up, everyone, including me, fine.