 Administrative / General / 12293
Re: Bye, bye LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:57:27 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Terry Prosper wrote:

<snip>

And Larry has this talent for bringing the worst out of everybody and making
this place a very unpleasant place.

must... resist... cliche...

Especially since he's an Admin...  I
still can't understand how such a person could have so much power here...

For the most part--k, for 99 percent of the part, I think Larry is a guy who
steps up and does what he thinks is better for the community.  At least he
tries--he volunteers, he helps out where he can, he works hard and dilligently,
and I applaud his efforts.  Met him in person at BF last year for the first time
and even there he did what he could to help out,what, withthe auction and all...

Whether people are 'rubbed the wrong way' by his efforts is another matter
altogether--at least he showed up and worked at it.  Some might think that he
sticks his nose in a little too much, and some get 'up in arms' when he posts
because 'there goes Larry again!', but look at the big picture--he's doing work
for this community.  I might add that it's 'volunteer'--i.e. he's not getting
paid to put up with the crap thrown at him.  I know what that's like, having
been involved in volunteer organizations for over half my life.

I've personally gone 'round and 'round with the ++Lar a few times, both in o.t-d
as well as in other places on LUGNET.  In no way does this detract from my
appreciation of the man--I may disapprove of some of his flawed reasonings ;)
but I, in no way shape or form, have issue with the person.

Terry

We have a saying in Canada (y'know, the country you live in...)--'Put up or shut
up'--you try to be admin for a while and see the pressure from the other side.

Dave K
-who caved on the cliche thing... rats!