 Administrative / General / 12294
Re: Bye, bye LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 23:01:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote: -snip-
   Richard’s complaint, I believe, wasn’t that the TOS shouldn’t apply to him but rather that the TOS was by its very nature an inefficient policing instrument that is, at times, seemingly unevenly applied.

Regardless of one’s opinion of Richard, it would be incorrect to accuse him of demanding special treatment for himself.

I’m not sure if he was demanding special treatment, as much as he just ignored the rules and then said the rules shouldn’t apply (whether to him specifically or to the whole of lugnet). The point is that he questioned the need to follow the rules.

I seriously doubt he was trying to make a comment about how evenly the rules are applied, because then he should have argued for closer application of them - including upon himself. His attempt to run around the suspension by posting exclusively in admin.general showed his contempt for the ToU and the way Todd was trying to run Lugnet. Evenness of rule application wasn’t the issue, it was rule application at all.

-len