 Off-Topic / Debate / 26627
Re: Bye, bye LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:59:54 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, David Koudys wrote:

We have a saying in Canada (y'know, the country you live in...)

Now you're teasing me...  You know pretty well that I'm no Canadian...  I'm
Québécois and not part of your country, which is a fine country i might add, at
all.

--'Put up or shut
up'--you try to be admin for a while and see the pressure from the other side.

I'm not even talking about his Admin job...  I'm talking about his personality.
But I should stop right here before this blows up in my face.  I know the
reputation he has here, totally opposite of the one he carries in other AFOL
communities onj the web.  And I know my reputation here too, so I'm no match for
the Mighty Lar...

So I'll shut up about Lar.  Still, my point about Chris is still standing.  No
one should be treated as "inferior" because they use the "f" word in a sentence.
It's uncalled for.

If I had written the said word here instead of "the F word", would I have been
censored?  To what point is this community about respect of the others and their
right to express themselves?  Just wondering...

Terry