 Znap / 237 (-40)
  Re: Interfacing Znap to System

(...) plates and tiles stacked 3 high, but it's a very tight fit. If you keep thinking of 1 stud wide, 1 studless brick high ways of connecting, there may be some really cool uses for these connectors yet. -Dave (22 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build)

  Re: Motorized landing gear question

(...) I'd suggest it's not necessary for the landing gear to lift the craft - just to hold it up. If it's only operated while there's no weight on the craft, it becomes much easier, you only need some kind of locking mechanism so the motor isn't (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.znap)

  Motorized landing gear question

I've been pondering using one of the Znap motors to power a landing gear mechanism strong enough to at least hold, if not lift a decent sized space craft (including the motor and battery box- if possible) Any ideas? I was thinking worm gear and some (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.znap)

  Re: Interfacing Znap to System

(...) Why are there star wars people all over that bridge ? Is that a Jar-Jar signalman I see working for the railroad ? Inquiring minds want to know ;) Ray (22 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build)

  Re: Interfacing Znap to System

(...) Actually, that's exactly how those containers were built. I was originally inspired to start making 5 and 7 wide cars since the train heads were always arguing 6 or 8. I said make 'em 7 and stop complaining. Then I went home and tried it. This (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-02, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build)

  Re: Interfacing Znap to System

(...) in the center) to create an offset? This would let you make a 6 wide roof, and 7 wide compartment for the ZNAP. I'm working on a project with the ZNAP. As I come up with some skinning techniques, I'll try to keep them posted here. Until then, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build)

  Re: Interfacing Znap to System

You may have already discovered this, but creations built of Znap are almost always an odd number of System studs long. I built a Space Freighter frame and the cargo containers all had to be 7 studs wide and seven studs long. I forget how tall they (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build)

  Interfacing Znap to System

With the proliferation of Znap on clearance, I have been wondering how Znap can be interfaced to System. Here I present four possible methods: (URL) Method 1 - uses <part:2476> Plate 2 x 2 with Pin. Multiple of these are stagered along a znap beam. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Oct-01, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build)

  Re: The undead......they keep returning

(...) Scott Could you give me/us their address and phone number please? either on LUGnet or e-mail me privately. Thanx, Mark #525 (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: The undead......they keep returning

(...) Are the $4 sets the large sets with Motors or are you talking about the smaller sets that did not include motors? Thanks, John Hansen (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: The undead......they keep returning

If ya like ZNAP, here's a killer scoop--There is an old Toys R us in Decatur, GA (Atlanta area) that is now a "Toy Liquidation Center"--Znap Racer and Helicopter are 4 bucks after the "60% off ALL LEGO" liquidation.... I think I got the last of the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.znap)

  The undead......they keep returning

OK......a bunch of ZNAPS (many small kits ($.99), the red plane ($4.97!) even some 3552's and the motorized helicopter transport (around $15) - have surfaced at the Toys R Us off Bruckner Blvd (by White Plains Rd) in The Bronx....even a few at (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Z nap in the US?

(...) Hi there, Apparently there were 19 different znap sets. You can see the list of them at ... (URL) I have located 7 different ones (some with multiple copies). Personally I thnk that znap is pretty cool stuff. Something that TLC made and, as (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Z nap in the US?

Something similar may have already be posted but this is my first time to this forum. I went on vacation the past weekend and went into a KB-Toys outlet, there I found a Z nap set which I bought. It was number 3571 and was $13, has anyone else seen (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: It all started with an idea ...

good work. Seems like the only thing needed was a good idea. Zanp seems perfect to this with your use of curves here. Ray Sanders <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message news:GInFtr.2yA@lugnet.com... (...) all the (...) using (...) combo), (...) when (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.znap)

  It all started with an idea ...

An idea that I wanted to build something large-ish using Znap pieces and all the various parts that no-one seems to want to buy. Out of it came <taa-daa> Znap Ferris Wheel (URL) This is mostly complete, other than the drive train. I had 2 or 3 tries (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.znap)

  More ZNAPs !?

And just when I thought they had disappeared.........Toys R Us on Bruckner Blvd. in the Bronx has an assortment of the small non-motorized sets and a dozen or so of the large motorized Helicopter/transport set. The latter comes with one motor and (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.znap)

  RE: Znap overhead monorail

(...) Ray, Good work! Whenever I see my ZNAP collection (bought whenever I was in the States and by other good friends down there) I have to think monorail. The issue of corners and switching tracks always gets me, and I never seem to be able to (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build)

  Re: Znap overhead monorail

Nice job of engineering! Znap lives again. The gondola is really cool! -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message news:GHMJun.7A3@lugnet.com... (...) now) is a (...) iterations (...) settling (...) top of (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Znap overhead monorail

Hey, that's cool!! Nice use of those rock raider pieces too. Gary Ray Sanders <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message news:GHMJun.7A3@lugnet.com... (...) now) is a (...) iterations (...) settling (...) top of (...) at (...) off). The (...) friction. (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Znap overhead monorail

Excellent Job, Ray! I love how you make use of the technic double bend beams that most builders avoid. I see great possibilities for this project. Heck, it almost makes me want to dig out my atempted Znap monorail and re-work it. -Dave Johann LUGNET (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Znap overhead monorail

This is a prototype of a Znap overhead monorail. The car (only one for now) is a gondola style, hanging under the overhead rail. I went thru several iterations of design for the traveling carriage (along the overhead rail) before settling on this (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.build)

  Znap Monorail

In our last ParLUGment meeting, I presented my little monorail train using znap pieces for the rail. (URL) photos are a little bury due to my shaky hand. I already tried to sharpen them a bit. It all started at the end of the previous ParLUGment (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.znap, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment) !

  Re: ZNAP availability

Update - the motorized sets are gone but plenty of the hard case sets at $7.97. (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: znap bridges for trains

That is some really nice stuff! I'd never thought of trying ZNAP for bridge structures?!? I guess I've been on Technic/Basic bandwagon for so long and expecting parts through LDirect. Huuummm . . . I just might give ZNAP a try :-) Adrian "Robin (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  Re: znap bridges for trains

(...) Here is two of my bridges at a GFLTC Show: (URL) here is one of the biggest at a PNLTC Show: (URL) on... Robin W. Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.znap)

  ZNAP availability

FYI Update. 3571 sets (with motor), 3551 and hard box sets #? all available at National Wholesale Liquidators in Yonkers NY (off I87) for $7.97!!!! That's less than the $9.99 closeout at TRU (now long gone). There were at least 20+ 3571's on the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-01, to lugnet.znap)

  The Znap-Wing (MOC)

(URL) don't really have much to say about this, except that its a spaceship with wings made of Znap. Go see it! (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.znap)

  Availability

General FYI - National Liquidators - off I87/Central Ave (Cross County, Yonkers) just north of NYC still has tons of ZNAP - including the hard case and motorized kits. The larger kits run about $15 though they periodically are 50% off. This is a (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: About bumble bees

(...) If they are the ones I'm thinking of, 3571 has them. Matthias Jetleb VA3-MWJ (23 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.db.inv)

  About bumble bees

Who can tell me which Znap set includes "bumble bees" pieces, it is a little rotatable connector. (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.db.inv)

  Cheap LEGO at BiWay

I found two small sets at Biway (401 Kent Street W, Lindsay Ontario) today. They are <set:3501 ZNAP Car/Glider> and <set:3504 ZNAP Truck/Plane> Their price stickers said $2.99, but they actually cost only $1.70 each. I like the transforming. I plan (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-01, to lugnet.znap, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Alll gone.....

(...) Yup -- just found a hard-case version at a Ross this weekend (like Marshalls/TJ Maxx) here in the SF Bay Area. Santa brought a Mindstorms set this Xmas, so I'm looking to Znap for some cool robotics parts... // Mike (23 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Alll gone.....

(...) Try Marshalls and TJ MAXX as well as Big Lots/Odd Lots or other discount chain. That's were I found some with motors! And a hard case version. Now if my wife would only let me buy more.... (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Alll gone.....

It seems that all the close out ZNAPS are gone from the local (metroNY) TRU's. There are still some at a National Liquidator near Cross County Center in Yonkers. Ironic as my 5 year old has been obsessing on them. One of the kindergarten teachers (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Znap's 200th message.!..

(...) I'm pretty sure it's sold out everywhere around me. I would not be surprised to hear it's sold out most everywhere. For those not wanting the special Znap elements, the sets were a great way to acquire cheap motors. Also, for those not wanting (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: Znap's 200th message.!..

(...) Because it was never meant to be sold in North America. It only showed up in TRU because they needed to dispose of an extremely large inventory of extra sets, so they did what they often do with leftover European sets.. sell it to a US chain (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Znap's 200th message.!..

I posted this for 3 reasons: 1.) I hated looking at that "199". It was like looking at a rock on the edge of a cliff and thinking "why can't it just fall or get away from the edge?" 2.) I found the Znap set in the carrying case for 15 U.S. Dollars. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP survey

(...) I'm not sure I can be of much help, but here's my two studs' worth. Caution: long post ahead. Most of my integration is based on 'hanging' other assemblies on with Technic clips and axles. The problems I usually encounter stem from the scale (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.znap)

  Re: ZNAP survey

(...) Would you be willing to share some of your techniques? I for one have a large amount of ZNAP and plan to use it, but haven't gotten around to doing the detailed investigations to determine all the possible interconnect mechanisms. Basically, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.znap)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact