 Year / 2002 / 40
39  |  41
Subject:
Top Secret 2002 releases from Anonymous Source
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 02:33:09 GMT

Here is your 2002 lineup, beginning of year only I believe:
Dinosaur:  Don't see any dinosaur, of course a lot of new stuff at the end
of 2001
Alpha Team:  Goes "Aqua Team" as in underwater, don't scoff, Ogel's base
looks awesome and there are good kits there.
Life on Mars:  Noticably absent, did they sell that bad?
Movie Maker:  Absent, but new stuff at the end of 2001, so maybe end of 2002
Star Wars:  Episode 2 stuff as well as classic; Good: Brown Mace Windu;
Improved (much larger) Slave 1, Some really nifty looking Ep. 2 sets, NO JAR
JARS!  BAD: EWOKS!!! (Lego must include one undesirable alien per year)
Harry Potter: Very little, probably because most is release end of year 2001
Soccer:  Lots of new soccer including two new fields, label them extra large
and friggen HUGE!
Sculpture: YODA
Race: Picking up speed (ouch), really much improved.
Technic:  Darth Vader and other cool stuff abounds.
Bionicle:  New Bionicle but sworn to secrecy on this one folks.
I don't remember anything else (although I'm sure there was).  There is also
a supposedly top secret project where Lego is doing stuff decidingly
non-Lego-ish.
That's the dirt that I might or might not know from a real or unreal
anonymous source that may or may not have told me either in their voice or
the voices inside my head...

Matthew Teets (who has slipped into hiding)