 Year / 2002 / 44
Re: Top Secret 2002 releases from Anonymous Source
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2002
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 17:21:07 GMT

In lugnet.year.2002, Matthew Teets writes:
In lugnet.year.2002, Victor Knight writes:
In lugnet.year.2002, Matthew Teets writes:
Here is your 2002 lineup, beginning of year only I believe:
Dinosaur:  Don't see any dinosaur, of course a lot of new stuff at the end
of 2001
Alpha Team:  Goes "Aqua Team" as in underwater, don't scoff, Ogel's base
looks awesome and there are good kits there.
Life on Mars:  Noticably absent, did they sell that bad?
Movie Maker:  Absent, but new stuff at the end of 2001, so maybe end of 2002
Star Wars:  Episode 2 stuff as well as classic; Good: Brown Mace Windu;
Improved (much larger) Slave 1, Some really nifty looking Ep. 2 sets, NO JAR
JARS!  BAD: EWOKS!!! (Lego must include one undesirable alien per year)
Harry Potter: Very little, probably because most is release end of year 2001
Soccer:  Lots of new soccer including two new fields, label them extra large
and friggen HUGE!
Sculpture: YODA
Race: Picking up speed (ouch), really much improved.
Technic:  Darth Vader and other cool stuff abounds.
Bionicle:  New Bionicle but sworn to secrecy on this one folks.
I don't remember anything else (although I'm sure there was).  There is also
a supposedly top secret project where Lego is doing stuff decidingly
non-Lego-ish.
That's the dirt that I might or might not know from a real or unreal
anonymous source that may or may not have told me either in their voice or
the voices inside my head...

Ok, now what about the real Lego themes?
Is this an actual question or the start of a whine-fest?
If it's a question, ask about a specific question and maybe it will jog my
memory.
If it's a whine-fest, this is the year 2002 newsgroup.  You need to go to
the 1993 newsgroup and post about how great everything is and how you never
want the year to end, then stay there.

You've got to be kidding. Where is Castle? I hoped to see Pirates back, same
with Town. Maybe some other decent new themes. What a joke. None of the
above lsited crap interests me in the least. Maybe Star Wars would be ok if
I was a Star Wars fan. Same with Soccer.