 Trains / Train Organizations / 709 (-20)
  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

(...) I agree with this wish list ans would like to add some more specific points : 1) whole english point (this is a point where you can go any way,straight through or deviate to an other track, used in real live in stations) for example see : (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

(...) Just curious, what exactly do you think the problem is with the geometry of the points. Before you respond I'll say what I think it wrong, and what I think most people are complaining about. I think the problem is that the geometry is limited (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

(...) How to do this:(my thoughts) Have .5 M or 20 inch lengths (enough to cover 2 32x plates). Use a 1" or 2" fixed end at both ends, with a sliding fit into or over the flexable pieces. This would let you have (if you used 2" lenghts, 3" travel (...) (24 years ago, 23-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

(...) Prolly. <tie spacing> American practice is to have a rather weird spacing that varies from one tie to the next and which is spaced so that the average distance apart is such that it does not match anyone's stride walking or running. This is (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

(...) Prolly not high enough either. It would look better with 1x1 tiles on the outside instead of 1x2s. (...) The coloring is going to be a problem because if we make the ties dark gray, there will be no color distinction between bed and tie. That (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

"Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:G18oAE.Drq@lugnet.com... snip (...) carpet, (...) belong (...) Actually, I am close to being fully reimbursed. Therefore, I would say that the Club also owns the tables. Is it time for more :) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Idea for Rail Ties

(...) Kind of pretty. I see a few minor problems, though: - the underlayment of black doesn't go out far enough - track ties are never brown. (LGB got it wrong) They start out black and fade to a weathered grey over the years as the creosote leaches (...) (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  New Idea for Rail Ties

Check this out: (URL) have come up with an idea to heighten the realism of the LEGO 9 volt track. First, I laid down a 10 wide row of black plates. Then I laid down the track. I next filled in the gaps in the track with dark gray 2x4 plates on the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

  Re: First Thomas? (wasRe: Has anyone tried building...

(...) The GMLTC Thomas in question was my design that I built sometime in '96, years before I knew about AFOLs or the guys in the GMLTC for that matter. My son was 7 and absolutely ga-ga over Thomas, and when the Blue Fury came out with its blue (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

(...) activity (...) itself (...) to (...) see (...) collections (...) WAMALUG labels baseplates and track. We haven't had to tag minifigs yet because most people populate their own mocs, and I have enough to populate downtown. We've done very well (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

(...) Larry brings up an interesting possibility and one I hope NELUG has a chance to try and work out ;-). That not being the case yet though NELUG is basically bring what you got leave with the same type setup. Buildings and other Moc's are easy. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

PNLTC has a small $10/year dues. This covers incidentals for shows. We have also purchased some sets and bins for the Kids Area, but most of that comes from the few buck we get paid by the shows. As for mixing track we have used two methods. The (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

(...) this? (...) the (...) is (...) Chris, Great question! Down here in Florida most of the GFLTC members own there section(s) of display cabinets and the contents. For example in the upcoming H & R train show we will have 5 members displaying and (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

(...) I have been thinking about it because I have been thinking about (distant future thinking about) trying to establish a LEGO club at Tulane (TULUG?). One would think that a university would be a pretty good place for a LEGO club. I am somewhat (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

(...) GMLTC and WAMALUG reps have already described the two main modes, "one person plus", and "pooled with ownership known". At some point, perhaps, someday, some club will come into significant funds via some windfall or major activity to raise (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

(...) So when you say K-8 you mean a K-8 sized box filled with random bricks. I should clarify what I said. I was a factory slob (material handler), so when I mean stored I mean that the bricks get molded placed in a box, and then the box is emptied (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

(...) the way we do it is: most of the buildings and large structures are built beforehand... buildings, shops, bridges, trains, etc... trains of the same or very similar types are marked somehow.. either say.. a missing plate/grill/tile off the (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Who owns the stuff, the club or the individaul members?

(...) That's a good question. At the GMLTC, 99% of the bricks are owned by 1 guy, Conan, and we just play with his bricks. Since many of us have our own large collections, sometimes people bring their own MOCs to shows and they remain separate. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts

(...) was (...) These days, the playtables are usually stocked with K-8s that have been filled with parts from semi-recent sets. They don't seem to be complete sets, so I don't know if they are damaged sets, end of run leftovers, or what. Frank (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact