 Trains / Train Organizations / 2183
  Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

This could be a historic weekend for number of LTC showing at one time! I count: GMLTC PNLTC NCLTC SCLTC NGLTC NILTC Now *that's* impressive! Brace yourselves for the flurry of pics next week! Good luck to everyone! -John (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) *an* historic... <GDR> :^D -Tim This has been another random attack of the Grammar Police. Please resume your normal activities. Nothing more to see here. (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) You should add NELUG to the list as well. We are running our 10' x 20' train layout at the Festival of Trees fundraiser for the American Kidney Foundation at the Hynes Auditorium in Boston. This is essentially the same layout that we ran at (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

Looking forward to the pix. Next weekend Dec. 14 & 15 we will be showing at GATS Memphis, come see what a real mountain should look like. (nothing but love Larry). Matthew Greene (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) Bring it on, baby... I can hardly wait to see the pics. PS if all goes well mine will be on display again at our show the last weekend of the year, and it will be (slightly) bigger, as it won't be up against a wall and will need a back... (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:H6qqo9.JtK@lugnet.com... (...) week! (...) NCLTC has a layout on display for the month of December at South Hills Mall in Raleigh. This afternoon we set up our play area and collected food to benefit (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

John, Add GFLTC to your list... Seasonal Sensations at the Pinewood Cultural Park, December 7, 2002... Here are some pictures! I say, not a bad layout for a one day show... (URL) week it's SMRC Model Train Show at the Manatee Civic Center in (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

PNLTC checking in... OMSI is a small show due to venue (and by choice) so the pics will be underwhelming compared to other BIG shows this weekend. All the same, we had lots of fun spreading the word... "Yes! Matter of fact since the 1960s." You all (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

"No we did not glue them together!" Paul SCLTC (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) A few of my favorite answers to common questions: "A lot of people a lot of time." "About three-point-seven zillion pieces." "I don't even want to think about how much it cost." And of course, the ever-popular: "No, we don't work for LEGO." (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

We go with the "Make Conan an offer!" answer to the "How much is it worth?" question. We've had a few qualifing offers, but it turns out most 8 year olds can't write checks. The numbers at the Minnesota Transportation Museum were up to 400 (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) I'm thinking it would be fun to add answers (ala Jeopardy, without the questions) to the backs of our business cards. They might include: More than 100,000, less than 500,000 About 3 months 16 people from 4 counties At Target for $99 We don't (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

"Ted Michon" <ted@michon.com> wrote in message news:H6toDM.C7@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] This is a good reason to have a play area. You keep the hands off your layout but still let people touch bricks. Play (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) Good point, whenever little ones try to touch the layout and I have to "correct" them, I always end my statement with "we have a play area over here and you can touch all you want"...this sends them heading right for the play table with a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) Wow. I'm apalled at that parent's lack of respect for your efforts. I would have set them straight that you are not working for LEGO and that the display represents the hard work of a group of private individuals. They don't let you touch the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) I remember when I was a kid and had walked into a model RR shop...how the seemingly crusty old owner had warned me not to touch dem' trains. Of course most kids today have half-a$$ed parents who never did learn to respect other's property (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

Concur with James, I was hesitant about the play area but it worked very well. Kids got to build and we got more time to discuss the club and layout with adults while their kids were occupied. Matthew Greene MSLTC/CARLUG (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) At OMSI, PNLTC has the play area right in front of the layout which works well. It makes it easier to keep an eye on the play area (about the only thing I ever did was ask the kids to share a little better). We also tried a kid controlled loop (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) I'e been to a few larger layouts (HO and O scale) that are permanently housed in buildings in the greater Southern Ontario area. Since most of these are strict "Club Only" layouts, there are no barriers. THe exception for most of these clubs (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) Since several of you singled out this item, I should expand a little. Prior to our 6 week run at SDMRRM, the space we now use was occupied by a hands-on kid play area (not LEGO) and the musuem advertised our upcoming LTC layout. My best guess (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

Ted Michon wrote in message ... (...) This was the thing that grossed out us VLC trainiacs when we were helping with the layout at NWBrickCon, and decided us against using the plastic. Not just mouths but runny noses... and who knows what they've (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

"Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:H7AoyL.Gq7@lugnet.com... (...) Not (...) Eh - you get used to it. If you have young kids it gets to the point where you don't even see it! ;-) (...) we (...) keep (...) interact (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

There definitely are advanatges to both systems. I do like the barriers because not only do they minimize the reaching, they also contain train crashes. At our mall display, we had an interesting crown control issue. That display was basically three (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)