 Trains / Train Organizations / 2193
Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:52:27 GMT

We go with the "Make Conan an offer!" answer to the "How much is it worth?"
question.  We've had a few qualifing offers, but it turns out most 8 year
olds can't write checks.

The numbers at the Minnesota Transportation Museum were up to 400 yesterday,
they normally draw 20-45 on a Saturday.  I think Santa and the kids' band
they had helped.  They were also offering train rides yesterday for $2, they
pull you out of the roundhouse in a Soo caboose down out of the roundhouse
yard to a little sidin that runs past the roundhouse.  Then they let about
10 people cram into the cab on the locomotive (I am a Lego geek in this
club, not the train geek.  Either of the other two Johns will fill in on the
type of locomotive.) and ride back to the roundhouse in the cab.

We've committed to coming back for the weekend of 8-9 of February.  We are
also going to display at their Thomas event.  8 days on two weekends where
they expect attendance to be 20,000 people.  Yeesh!  We will need to pull
out all of the troops for that one.

-John3
Lurker and afeared of grammar police.

In lugnet.trains.org, Chris Phillips writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, Paul Thomas writes:
"No we did not glue them together!"

Paul

SCLTC

A few of my favorite answers to common questions:

  "A lot of people a lot of time."
  "About three-point-seven zillion pieces."
  "I don't even want to think about how much it cost."

And of course, the ever-popular:

  "No, we don't work for LEGO."