 Trains / Train Organizations / 2196
Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 23:13:41 GMT

"Ted Michon" <ted@michon.com> wrote in message news:H6toDM.C7@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains.org, Steven Barile writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

One angry party this weekend wanted to know why we (LEGO, she assumed) put
plastic barriers around the display to keep her kids from playing with the
bricks. She thought it was a very poor thing for TLC to (entice people to
come and then keep them out).

[ ... snipped ... ]

This is a good reason to have a play area.  You keep the hands off your
layout but still let people touch bricks.  Play areas can be a lot of work
but I really like having them.  Some of the creations that kids come up with
are really pretty cool.

Mike

--
Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com

  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) Good point, whenever little ones try to touch the layout and I have to "correct" them, I always end my statement with "we have a play area over here and you can touch all you want"...this sends them heading right for the play table with a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)
  Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

(...) At OMSI, PNLTC has the play area right in front of the layout which works well. It makes it easier to keep an eye on the play area (about the only thing I ever did was ask the kids to share a little better). We also tried a kid controlled loop (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org)