 Trains / Train Organizations / 2228
Re: Prolific Upcoming Weekend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 03:17:35 GMT

Ted Michon wrote in message ...
plastic and get a surprise. A lot of kids put both hands on the glass and
press their mouths up against it.

This was the thing that grossed out us VLC trainiacs when we were helping
with the layout at NWBrickCon, and decided us against using the plastic. Not
just mouths but runny noses... and who knows what they've had in those
mouths. Sticky yucky, ewww!

We went with stanchions and rope for the first time this fall (previously we
have used no barriers) and found them work OK, although we did have to keep
going around and nudging them back into position. The big advantage with
ropes is that you have a space around the layout to walk around and interact
with the public, fix disasters, etc.

Kevin
NEW Half-Timbered Shops kit 1400+++ pieces!
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-bwh.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information:
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/COntent/Townplan/townplan.htm
BrickLink Lego parts store: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1