 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 3961 – 3980 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) ... (...) ... I also filed down enough wheels to make a six car Santa Fe successfully negotiate a 'dog-bone' torture track (all curves) on a low regulator speed, with one motor. Like Paul, I thought I had it all figured out. This weekend, I (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.403)

  Re: Question about the new trains

IMHO, the problem lies in this theory: * The axles are made of metal. * Metal is harder than plastic. * When putting metal in direct contact with plastic, the plastic will wear. * Check the spot where the point of the metal axle meets the plastic (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.403)

  Re: NCLTC Takes 1st Place at Raleigh GATS! (Long)

"John Morgan" <trees@utk.edu> wrote in message news:HJ7s83.1rxn@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Thanks! (...) well (...) trains (...) site (...) some (...) so (...) I don't know if padding would have helped, it might have. (URL) camera sits (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

trains
(score: 0.403)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) I have contacted LEGO regarding this issue as I was disappointed with the rolling status of the Sante-Fe wheels. LEGO said that if I wanted to they would exchange my wheels for new ones (one-to-one) and I would have to mail them in but that at (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

trains
(score: 0.403)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) Yikes! Hadn't thought of that. I'll have to check this out on my wheel-sets. If this is true it means that over time I'll be back in the same mess again! From Cary Clark's reply to my post it sounds like this could be the case that perhaps the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

trains
(score: 0.403)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) Good question! I've been wondering this myself. I just recently went through the grueling process of filing down the plastic in all 28 gray wheel-sets of my Santa Fe Kit. What an improvement! I got the train set last fall and the first time I (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.403)

  Got the 10128 Train Level Crossing today...

Hi, The Level crossing is now shipping(in Denmark), and I got mine today. A few thoughts: It's a little juniorized and it's a shame the stairs for the pedestrian walkover doesn't have handrails. But overall I really like this new set. It's my first (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.403)

  Legoshow in Valga, Estonia

Hi all! On August 16th I will show some Lego trains in Valga, as a part of the Eurobuss tour. The Eurobuss will drive around in Estonia and inform about the European Union. As a part of this there will be an addition to the local paper, which can be (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

trains
(score: 0.402)

  Re: NCLTC Takes 1st Place at Raleigh GATS! (Long)

(...) Congrats! thanks for sharing all this good Pictures and movies. I have seen the wireless cameras available online and was wondering how well they would work as a train engine mounted video source. Great to see the trains eye view of the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

trains
(score: 0.402)

  Re: Target update: Redwood City CA

(...) I *still* haven't got more track for my one little 9V oval, and I'm now in a 2200sq. ft. house with a room with a nice bare 14'x15' hardwood floor. The room is actually about 14'x40', but the dining room and the kitchen take up part of it. :-) (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.402)

  New style rail tank car

When I saw the first picture of the '4 Juniors' tank trailer, my first thought was of a rail tank car. I wondered if it would look any good. And I think it does, even in a straightforward rendition as this: (URL) the rest of the site, hit: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.402)

  Re: NCLTC Takes 1st Place at Raleigh GATS! (Long)

(...) ... (...) ... Mike, this was an excellent writeup. One more note about Tom from Tom's Train Station: Tom now carries LEGO at his store (got his first shipment on Friday), and brought seven each of the new trains to sell at his GATS booth on (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

trains
(score: 0.402)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) <snip> (...) Remark that rechargeble batteries have a LOWER voltage (8.4V) than a regular battery (9V). This causes a speed difference, and there's also some tollerance om those toy motor speed too. Take a test with some train motors, 2 (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.402)

  SIGGRAPH Wrap-Up

The Event Well, all good things must come to an end. We wrapped up the (URL) SIGGRAPH 2003> [1] LEGO display on Thursday afternoon, after an exhausting but fun week of building and hanging out with conference attendees and fellow AFOLs. What an (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.cad, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

trains
(score: 0.402)

  Re: Help a Newbie build his first LEGO Train set!

(...) 10-20%? You're being *far* too kind here. The upper bound is at least 66%. Another thing- NEVER buy curved 9v track. Every "starter" set comes with a whole circle, and by the time you have your 3rd, you likely have all you will ever need. -- (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.402)

  Re: Broken Monorail Motor

(...) Oops... That will teach me to rely on my memory, somehow I thought one of you had re-arranged your cars (I do remember that Mike's was as described when he first showed it to me - perhaps Cary switched to the motor in the center). Oh well, (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 0.402)

  Re: Train Display in Staffordshire this weekend (1st/2nd Feb)

(...) Tony Preistman has some photos of Mark's trains on his brickshlef gallery that I have not seen and have not been mentioned here. They are, as Jonathan says, amazing, as a UK train enthusiat the locos are instantly recognisable, quite a feat (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.402)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) I don't know anything about that. I don't know how I ended up in the 'North British' anything - I live on the south coast. There's sea water at the end of my street. I meant your insistence on referring to pre-1960s British trains as (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

trains
(score: 0.401)

  BF 2003 Container Swap

For info on the Brickfest 2003 Container Swap, please see this page: (URL) Rob, for the info. I will make updates as necessary. (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 0.401)

  Re: Thoughts on 1999 Train Sets

"Eric Brok" <brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl> wrote (...) Sheard crossing? What is a sheared crossing? Is it a non 90 degree crossing, like a 45/135 degree ctossing? I'm confused. Too bad Duplo trains can't run on 12V/4.5V/9V setups. Gary GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 0.401)

More:  Next Page >>