 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 2061 – 2080 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: 6-wide vehicles

(...) Wow, Larry. I didn't know I had the "rep" with you. I'm honored. :) (shame on you for not knowing this -- it _is_ LEGO Train trivia :-P) Scott's on the money. 1980 saw the first 6-stud-wide windshields, and they were all trains related. See (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup?

Great idea, Todd. Helping other groups get off the ground is a core part of PNLTC's Mission Prospectus and it certainly makes sense for any and all groups to coordinate -- ultimately, I foresee this as much more clout in dealing with TLG. Dan/PNLTC (...) (26 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  New Train Show Pictures

Hay Lego Railroaders, Check out the new H&R Trains Spring Show Pictures on my site, just update the page. (URL) to Lego Trains and go down to Show Picture Gallery. See Ya... Robin (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

(...) I'd rather see them combined! Both layouts are modular. GMLTC has more modules under construction. What's needed are two relatively simple transition modules since GMLTC and PNLTC modules are built to different standards. Then, connect the (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup?

Wow. Big questions that I feel unequipped to answer. I trust Todd's experience and knowledge about this organization hierarchy stuff-- Greek to me:-p I don't think, however, that having a system like this in place would have aided the formation of (...) (26 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Two train layouts (wasRe: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

In response to Larry's desire with Ben's second to see **2** LEGO train layouts at the same show, PNLTC did a small (last minute) show -- with a hasty display -- on March 7th at which there was indeed two separate groups each with its own display. (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup?

(...) So you would use it then. Would something like this have helped (or could it still help) in a positive way during the initial stages of GMLTC? --Todd (26 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

Ben Fleskes wrote in message ... (...) *single* (...) to (...) made (...) rotation (...) with a (...) allowed (...) derail. (...) Actually, the Talgo trains do *not* pivot inward (like your model does, and my version of the Metroliner [1] [2]), but (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup?

(...) You'd have to ask a "member" of GMLTC that question, I suspect. Remember, the PNLTC has a policy that you have to actually live in the PNW to be a member. grumble. Dan lives in the NW and therefore is eligible for PNLTC membership by their (...) (26 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup?

(...) Well... you know... when you know four times as much about the topic as the next most frequent poster, that happens. <grins, ducks and runs> (...) Shocked, just shocked. (...) I guess that would work. IF people remembered to do it (...) (26 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup?

Personally, I kind of like the idea. It makes it easier for us to discuss topics that are a little too specific for this group. (Meeting times, project ideas, transport of sections, specifications on sections, etc..) I don't know how much it would (...) (26 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

John is more modest than he needs to be. The lift bridge is operational, just not for extended periods. :) It is a very graceful lift with LEGO motors basically crawling up the towers. We took pictures with it in the up and down positions at the (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  LEGO Trains in Japan?

At the small LEGOfest in Carlsbad, CA (after the Grand Opening of LEGOLAND), I met some LEGO folks who had come from Japan to see the park and visit. They were looking for US catalogs, and they had some Japan medium-sized catalogs to trade. Of not (...) (26 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) Yes, but use them to get ideas, not to reject working on your own creations!!! There are SO MANY different kinds of container articulateds in the prototype that we modelers have bareley scratched the surface. Keep building. No one has done a (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) Some of the parts might have been cool if they wern't bley. It's sitting on 4.5V track hard to tell from the small pict what it would take to make it 9v compatible.-Ken (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.248)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

Larry Pieniazek wrote: snip stuff about footnoting (...) Right the wheels are not on the same axel. At first I thought this was so the wheels could travel at different speeds, but differentials are not brought up elsewhere in trains (are they) so I (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) Hi Chris, I did just this with my #4559 about 18 months ago. I built stretched 2 wheel "Super bogies" that support the ends of adjacent cars. And, since the train end (tail) has the same s-bogie, I fashioned a tailcap that continues the train (...) (26 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup?

(...) I'm not against it either but I think if club related stuff were off in another group then I'd probably never read it since I'm not in any club. And that would remove a possible incentive to get me interested in joining/starting/attending a (...) (26 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) Hi All, Unfortunatly the train car is only 18 studs long (notice the small step in the front and back of train car) and it uses the small train wheeles and does not come with any 9v track. Again, unfortunatly, the train car does not have any (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.248)

  Re: new stuff on my site (coach, trolley...again, LEGO Logo art)

Larry, Hey, do I have to search through lugnet.trains to find some comment made by you as to your diminishing "LEGO purist" standing. Hmmm, don't you have a train with a non-standard decal semi-permanently attached to several bricks? The next thing (...) (26 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.248)

More:  Next Page >>