 Administrative / General / 1364
Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:50:48 GMT

Personally, I kind of like the idea.  It makes it easier for us to discuss
topics that are a little too specific for this group.  (Meeting times, project
ideas, transport of sections, specifications on sections, etc..)

I don't know how much it would have helped with the GMLTC forming, we've been
doing this for years, Conan even longer, and he isn't even consistently on the
Internet.  It has given us some insight into other people who have similiar
interests however.

-John 3

In lugnet.trains, Todd Lehman writes:
How do people feel about the creation of a new newsgroup lugnet.trains.org
whose purpose is to help national train clubs (such as PNLTC and GMLTC) work
with one another, share ideas, and help nurture the creation of more new
similar train clubs around the country/world?

--Todd