 Administrative / General / 1418
Re: lugnet.trains.org newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 07:51:12 GMT

Todd,
once again, the wisdom of the train NG prophets shines through like a Mack
truck careening through a wall of stacked Ritvik Mega Blocks --

Offline conversation with Steve B. last week and and the number of posts I've
reviewed have got me seeing that viewpoint.
Your initiative and foresight are to be commended.  We *are* headed down the
right path as far as more groups, more talk and activity, etc.  Currently,
however, I now feel we're not at critical mass yet.  Whether Ma Bell or tin
cans and wire, seems each group has devised its own/local lines of commo that
are working well enough.

Perhaps we should redefine needs.  As there's a separate LUGNET..ANNOUNCEMENT
group, does such info re shows belong here?  Also, if it's basic how-to's on
forming up an organization or staging an event, instead of folks constantly
regurgitating the FAQs, might a more fixed set of info -- to which everyone
may refer -- suffice?

Re the latter, Steve suggested PNLTC could establish new sites at our page
with such info.  PNLTC's experience is certainly not the definitive word on
the subject but we can at least gather up what we know having worked with
professional show promotors, museums, the NMRA, both community and charity
orgs, and TLG itself.  Having coordinated roughly half of PNLTC's events, I'd
be willing to initiate this.  After an rough draft, I'd like to submit to all
for comment/revisions -- especially to the Larry Ps & the GMLTC/John-
collective, Robin Werner, Allan Smith, James Trobaugh, David Z. & the BAYLUGs,
and David Graham who all have related experience (hopefully, I haven't
forgotten anyone here).

I appreciate everyones thoughts here.

dp/PNLTC

In lugnet.trains, Tom McDonald writes:
(snip)

And yes. I am very happy with the way things are now with both LUGnet and
bayLUG :)

-Tom McD.