 Administrative / General / 1419
Re: Upper-ascii chars in subject line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 14:43:25 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
Anyway, if you make it through all of that and come up with a pair of
conversion functions, they'll need to be in Perl.  Even better would be
something that reads a news article on STDIN and the transmogrified article
to STDOUT, but halfway there is certainly OK.

Wow, that's pretty much easy then.

p.s.  Don't forget to check CPAN (www.perl.com) first to make sure that
someone hasn't already written a conversion module for this.  :)

Oh yeah, I'll check that first.  :-,

BTW, do you have a preference for which version of Perl?  I'm assuming
5.005.x would be fine.  I hope you aren't using Perl 4.x.  :-P

Cheers,
- jsproat

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."