 Administrative / General / 1389
1388  |  1390
Subject:
Upper-ascii chars in subject line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 23:24:40 GMT

Todd,

Whoa!  I put an upper-ascii character into the subject line of my message.
In my newsreader, it comes across fine, but in the Web interface, it comes
across as:

die Fledermaus der =?iso-8859-1?Q?H=F6lle?=

Is this a bug, or shouldn't I have put the offending bytes in the subject
line?  More to the point, will I kill your Web interface scripts?

Cheers,
- jsproat

"I prefer the term para-mental.  It keeps me out of the loony bin."

obconspiracy:  The cattle industry wants to mis-translate the Bible for the
Girl Scouts of America.