 Trains / 987
986  |  988
Subject:
LEGO Trains in Japan?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 14:43:54 GMT

  At the small LEGOfest in Carlsbad, CA (after the Grand Opening of
LEGOLAND), I met some LEGO folks who had come from Japan to see the
park and visit. They were looking for US catalogs, and they had some
Japan medium-sized catalogs to trade.

  Of not to train folks, there were no train sets in the 1999 catalog. :-(
This was about as wide as the mini-catalogs we get in medium and large
sets, but it was also just as tall (a square format). It did seem to have
all of the normal stuff we get (except for trains), and included a bunch
of things that we haven't seen in the US. (For example, I've now seen
a LEGO catalog with the fabled Winnie the Pooh DUPLO, 298x series sets,
as well as some very "amine"-looking duplo in the 283x range.)

  Their catalog also includes some brief alternate instructions to a few
models in the new space and insectoids themes. Kind of interesting. :-)

  But, back to the original thread...does Japan get train sets? Have
they had them, and just don't get them now? Or did they just leave
them out of the 1999 catalog because they have a separate train catalog
because they have so many different sets! ;-)

       -Z-    http://baylug.org