 Trains / 9909
    GMLTC —Kai Brodersen
   A year ago I asked the Greater Midwest Lego Train Club if I could become a member. Their response was "We are a highly localized group in The Twin Cities/Minnesota area." I dont know if that was the response any other of you guys, but I live in (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: GMLTC —Eric Kingsley
     Well I can't speek for the members of GMLTC but I think you could say "thems the breaks". They were there frist and they could name themselves whatever they wanted and they picked GMLTC. I would suggest that if your MICHLTC expands to other states (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: GMLTC —John Kelly
     I can speak for GMLTC. <grin> The orginal name was Greater Minnesota Lego Train Club. At the time there was only one other formalized train club, the PNLTC. We had been displaying the layout for a few years at this point. Orginally all of the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: GMLTC —John Gerlach
     (...) I can speak for the the GMLTC too! We are in the unfortunate position of having to turn down prospective members at this time. We just don't have the room! Our weekly "meetings" are held in Conan's basement, we've got around 13' x 20' of (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: GMLTC —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Blame me if you like, I was there (on a long term project in MSP) at the time that the club was deciding on a name. J2 had suggested GMLTC, standing for Greater Minnesota LTC. I lobbied hard for changing Minnesota to Midwest to be more (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: GMLTC —John Neal
      (...) Correction: I was looking to form a club entitled the "Upper Midwest LEGO Train Club" (see early threads in .trains.org). *J-1* and the others were thinking about "Greater Minnesota", and had already secured gmltc.org for that name. After a (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: GMLTC —Larry Pieniazek
     In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes: <snipped my distortion of history that John quoted> (...) Correction accepted. I was willing to take the fall for this since Kai has already stated he considers me a meanie, or words to that effect... (...) Good (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

         Re: GMLTC —Kai Brodersen
     SNipped (...) yes i do and i up hold my statement but i do not want tell you why to embarrass you and get insulting and i would need a .flame for that. (...) never was shouting, your just looking for something wrong with me. (...) I dont care any (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

         Re: GMLTC —Tim Courtney
      (...) Well, something inside me says 'I won't touch this with a 39 1/2 foot pole' and the other half says, 'maybe a few enlightening observations could help here.' (...) Larry and I have not had a perfect track record, but I think I speak for both (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

         Re: GMLTC —John Kelly
      <...snipped angry tones...> (...) It is much too late. Our first shows happened in 1985. <...More angry tones snipped...> (...) Kia- Sorry you're so upset. Just a FYI on the copyright info. To successfully defend a copyright, I'm pretty sure that (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

          Re: GMLTC —Kai Brodersen
      (...) Thanks for you kindness but FYI my name is spelled KAI not the car company. (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

         Re: GMLTC —Larry Pieniazek
      Please take any further followup to email, Kai (...) No, we're not. I bear you no animosity. I think you have some maturing to do but I have a great deal of respect for what you've achieved in the hobby, given your age. Feel free to dislike me as (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

          Re: GMLTC —Eric Kingsley
      (...) Well because you posted the question and referance NELUG twice I thought I should respond. First I hope you don't think NELUG ever lied or tried to cover up the fact that we had an over 18 rule. Quite the opposite in fact which I think is why (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

          Re: GMLTC —Steven Barile
       Yes, our rule has always been no minors. We drink a beer with dinner now and again, we talk about mature subjects... all in the context of... I don't ever want to face the day where I stand accused by a minor for anything and I mean this in the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

          Re: GMLTC —Larry Pieniazek
      (...) Exactly. However much you got hammered, I think it would have been worse if you hadn't been upfront about it. That's my thinking anyway. (...) Again, exactly right. If the market (interested people) is there, more than one group can be created (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

         Re: GMLTC —Josh Baakko
     (...) Why are you so mad about not being able to be a member, maybe you "just don't qualify". (...) What if they change the color or background or something (add the "ding", as Vanilla Ice Said on MTV, "its not the same")? Then it wouldn't be your (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

        Re: GMLTC —James Simpson
   (...) Ah, the problem of the shifting Midwest. I'm taking Geography of the Midwest for my major (in Geography) this semester, and we have discussed the issue of the Midwest as a metaphor. Basically, the Midwest as a physical location seems to shift (...) (23 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)