 Trains / 31313
Re: ME Models Metal Rails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:44:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Wayne Jackson wrote:
Bluebrick supports full, half and quarter pieces of both the curved and
straight track elements.

If I use these elements in the design of my layout, and purchase the ME
components, will they marry up?  For instance a quarter track piece from
ME will equal a quarter track piece from a hack-saw mod?
All of our curves will come in 22.5 degree sweeps.  In short, if you lay them
out 8 studs apart, you will be able to draw a radii line from the center of the
curve that will intersect all of the junctions.

Having said that, are the libraries for Track Draw available for download?
I will put them up on the ME Website soon.

Nice, I am looking forward to that.  As a side note, would you be
drawing inspiration from the current TLC track elements, or more from
real world, or even the likes of HO/O/G components to generate the huge
variety of geometries?
Our obvious medium here is "L Gauge", but most of our ideas are coming from
either real-world or other scale trains.  Either way, we wanted to bring
something to the community that would make a train layout, look like a train
layout. :)