 Trains / 31295
Re: ME Models Metal Rails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2011 15:52:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
Neat system, but I have a concern that the plastic wheels against the sharp
inside edge of the rail will wear down the wheels faster than usual.  If I buy
some, I might have to round off the top of the rails just a bit.

Our manufacturer of the rails runs the rail through a "de-burrer" machine.
Basically there is a wash and bunch of ceramic stones. The unit vibrates and a
unique smooth finish comes about when each rail comes out of the
bath.

There are no sharp edges to contend with. We had to think about 7 year olds
possibly playing with this. So we "took the edge off" all aspects of
the rail. You can grasp the rail in your fist tightly and there is no
possibility for cuts.

We have an additional wash process as well. The final rail is free of all
chemicals and oils.