 Trains / 31307
Re: ME Models Metal Rails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 22:34:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Olson wrote:

...you can replace the connectors with a standard 2X8 plate.

Q: Are the rails available separately? That is, w/o the sleeper pieces.

I have considered getting LEGO trains for the past 2 decades, but never bought a
single train set. Therefore, I have no track in my collection.
Except for a bunch of 4.5v rails I bought when they were available in PaB a few
years ago, but that's another subject entirely.
No LEGO track means no need for the connectors when using ME track. I'll use 1x8
plates, spaced every 2 studs, for the sleepers, since that'll look more
realistic.
When I start buying train sets, I'll Bricklink any track that comes with them,
and just use ME track.

Q: Are/will all the holes in the curved rails (be) evenly spaced in groups of 2?
The idea is so whether 1x8 or 2x8 sleepers are used, they'll be evenly spaced.

One more Q:
What do you put on the studs of custom pieces? (since you obviously cannot put
LEGO on the studs)

Scott.