 Trains / 29909
Re: IT'S TOO DARN QUIET!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 00:17:58 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Chris van Lottum wrote:

   That’s my two penneth

That was MORE than two cents worth, Chris! Excellent work! Especially the bethgon, which is a former project of mine:-)

And if I might add to you and others who have posted in this thread: please start your own threads with new MOCs and updates, etc. They shouldn’t be buried in here!

Well played,

JOHN

Thanks John

The only thing I know for certain is that they cost me a lot more than 2 cents!

I have built up quite a fleet of some of these cars, I have a sizable unit train of both spine cars (6x3) and bulk carriers (6x2) which are both very light and easy to pull even with containers and trailers.

My particular favourite has to be the Bethgon too. And whilst I saw your eight wide uber prototypical version I wanted to build something which used up the multitude of 24 stud train bases I had kicking around, so I started from the ground up. I have a fleet of almost 40 coal cars (BN, BNSF and Wisconsin Electric (not shown)) which is part of my grand plan to build automated car loading and unloading facilities on a layout in my loft - train length 8-12 cars.

Whilst the variety of cars in a mixed freight makes things interesting, theres nothing more impressive than a double or triple headed unit train charging down the track.

Chris