 Trains / 29875
Re: IT'S TOO DARN QUIET!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:42:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Rich Stehnach wrote:

I’m in need of examples of GOOD/GREAT and functional turntables. We’ll worry about a roundhouse later. I’ve knitted together hundreds (400+) 8x8 plates and placed them on 4 large baseplates. So I have the ultimate baseplate, now for the turntable.

Anyone?

I don’t have any pictures, since I had to dismantle it when I moved, but I had pretty good luck using a technic turntable, driven by a worm gear. The span consisted of four pieces of straight track, built up with some plates and tiles to make it more bridge-like. I used 1x2 bricks to build the circular pit. The ends of the span rested on 2x2 tiles that were on top of the 1x2s. I used those circular boat-stud tiles (or whatever they are called) to reduce the friction.

-Elroy