 Trains / 29874
Re: IT'S TOO DARN QUIET!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:37:03 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Rich Stehnach wrote:

   I’m in need of examples of GOOD/GREAT and functional turntables. We’ll worry about a roundhouse later. I’ve knitted together hundreds (400+) 8x8 plates and placed them on 4 large baseplates. So I have the ultimate baseplate, now for the turntable.

I don’t have any pics off-hand, but the best designs I’ve seen use a circle of 9volt track for the base of the turntable, and a 9volt motor set under the spinning track. Come to think of it, the power functions motor and plastic track would be a great solution as well. Good luck with your project!

JOHN

Likewise, if you can get a hold of 4 curved monorail tracks, I’ve seen that used as the basis for a turntable also. The smooth top of the tracks makes a good running surface for any sort of motor-driven wheel.

-Jordan