 Trains / 23703 (-20)
  Re: Steam locomotive drive assembly

(...) Thanks for your interest Lester, I have posted the link to the ldraw file below. There is one piece that is not shown on the valve block where the pushrod enters. It is a technic piece, 1x2 liftarm, like part#32523 but with two holes. It acts (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego Train Wins Prize at Hull (UK) Model Railway Show!

At the Hull (UK) Model Railway Show last weekend, my 8mm:1ft scale British Class 28 CoBo engine (known to fans of Thomas as "BoCo") won the A1 Models Trophy for the best "modern outline" exhibit. (In this case "modern outline" means post-1950 diesel (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: New and old to lugnet at the same time :-)

Lotsa snippy (...) Hi Tim,Funny, I thought you may have figured out that I was doing the same locomotives that are in the Microsoft Train Simulator ;-P (...) Wow, thanks! I've seen your MOCs too, and that tram reminds me of Toby from Thomas the tank (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New and old to lugnet at the same time :-)

(...) Hi Samarth, I'm glad you've had a warm welcome already. I have looked at your brickshelf pics many times as you have added stuff, at first I thought you were English (because of the class 50 and Flying Scotsman.) but then realised that you (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New and old to lugnet at the same time :-)

(...) Hi Ross, THANKS! It's actually quite flexible you know, it's not neccessary that it should hang out too much. I've got this idea in my head, but I haven't yet tried it out in real life: Use a jumper plate and fix it into the stud holes between (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New and old to lugnet at the same time :-)

(...) I'm proud of it too :-) (...) No. Actually I just like to see how the 'face' of my new model will look like first, so usually it's the cab that defines my locos shape. this is the only part I do in LDraw. I also test new designs here (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New and old to lugnet at the same time :-)

(...) However, that can't always be used with text embedded in a link, see (URL) here>. ROSCO (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New and old to lugnet at the same time :-)

(...) Hi Samarth, I especially like your co-co undercarriage arrangement, with the actual motor hidden in the centre. Although it would mean the loco hangs out more in the corners, it is much easier to make a reasonable length co-co loco ;) ROSCO (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New and old to lugnet at the same time :-)

(...) Ahh, one learns something new every day! I was wondering if there was some way to defeat that! Now I can go back to snipping like this: <snip> in formatted text mode (it's the simple things in life...:-) Thanks for enlightening me, Bram:-) (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New and old to lugnet at the same time :-)

(...) I liked the sunroof solution. (...) :-( But you rendered it in ldraw, no? (...) Actually, I agree with you. Though the track gauge is about right for 1 stud = 1 foot, that would actually make for a 10 wide scale, since most modern locos are (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New and old to lugnet at the same time :-)

(...) In FTX, you can include brackets, braces, underscores, etc by escaping them with a single back quote (first character on your keyboard): _underscore_, [brackets], {braces}, |bars|. Take a look at the raw message to see how it's done. --Bram (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New and old to lugnet at the same time :-)

(...) Hi John, It's nice getting a reply from you. I fell in love with the 8 wides when it clicked in my head: I had two failed 6-wide designs for the WDP-4, and the only way to get the front windows to look right, was NOT to use this piece of you (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  GATS Pictures and Report - MichLTC

(4 URLs) GATS contacted MichLTC on the Thursday before the event. A model railroad club had pulled out at the last second and we were called in to save the day. We were able to get a 10x12.5 layout planned in less than 48 hours and GATS was very (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: New and old to lugnet at the same time :-)

(...) (snip) Hello, Samarth, and welcome to trains-- glad you decided to delurk:-) I'm also gratified to see another 8 wide convert; (BTW thanks for the kind words) inspiring young minds with LEGO trains is a major reason why I build and share. You (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New and old to lugnet at the same time :-)

Hi Everyone, I'm Samarth Moray, and I'm 16. I've been playing with Lego, like most of you, since I was a kid. I'm new to lugnet because this is my first post, but I'm 'old' to lugnet because I've been lurking around for a year now. That basically (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Updated Johnstown Bethgon Coalporter MOC

(...) Thanks, Ondrew. Well, one could make the ribs out of 1x1x5s instead of 1x2x5s, but other than that, I'm not sure. If the problem is cars breaking away because of the weak LEGO magnets, I'd suggest adding a rare earth magnet between the LEGO (...) (20 years ago, 14-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Updated Johnstown Bethgon Coalporter MOC

(...) a great design as allways john. now if you could just make them lighter. when i built one off of your pictures it was so heavy i couldn't see any feesable way to run it. got any secrets? ondrew niltc (20 years ago, 14-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Updated Johnstown Bethgon Coalporter MOC

(URL) I've finally gotten around to taking some pics of my Bethgons with some alternate color schemes, as well as employing my son Ross' truck design. This one shown is a rare color scheme for BNSF cars that were delivered in the period after the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A window using SNOT and SNIR techniques

(...) This is a great, I was wondering whether loading a .pdf would be worth it (takes ages on my PC) but I wasn't disapointed. I had not really noticed James method before but the half-stud-offset-and-tile method is even better! Tim (20 years ago, 13-Nov-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains)

  Lubricating monorail points

I've searched for this, but haven't come up with anything... I have some monorail points that are sticky. I pretty much can't get them to shift using the slider. A couple of them will switch using the on-track tabs (the ones the train runs over), (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact