 Trains / 23701
Re: New and old to lugnet at the same time :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:42:27 GMT

Lotsa snippy
Here are the links to my MOCPage (leave a review if you like, they make me
happy) and my Brickshelf Gallery, and I hope to hear some feedback from you
guys. Also note that most of my pics from now on will not be as blurry as some
of those here are:

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/604

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Samarth

I basically model my own: I'm from India, and since pretty much every other type
of train has been already modelled in Lego, I thought it would be a good idea to
do something close to home. I may also make some other Asian locomotives. Please
also check out http://www.irfca.org , a site which has a lot of pictures and
other stuff on Indian Railways. I'm a member here, and I find pictures for my
prototypes from here. (That and the daily trips on the Bombay suburban line :-))

Lately I've been working on a big project (secret!), which I will hopefully be
able to see through to the end. Clue: It's three and a half feet long, and
expected to get bigger.

Regards,

Samarth

Hi Samarth, I'm glad you've had a warm welcome already.
I have looked at your brickshelf pics many times as you have added stuff, at
first I thought you were English (because of the class 50 and Flying Scotsman.)
Hi Tim,Funny, I thought you may have figured out that I was doing the same
locomotives that are in the Microsoft Train Simulator ;-P
but then realised that you were Indian. I have to to say that I think your
models have been gettting better and better, the EMD is up there with those of
the best AFOLs, especially the cab front.
Wow, thanks! I've seen your MOCs too, and that tram reminds me of Toby from
Thomas the tank engine :-) Yeah, even I think the cab's the best part of the
whole loco. I guess the reason why is because I started the project with it.
I thinks that it is good that you are modelling Indian trains, most people do
seem to model their local stuff but then most train builders seem to be
American, European, Austrialian or Japanese so it can get a bit samey.

How True!
I look foward to your new project

Tim
(who also plans a model of a Darjeeling Himalayan B class sometime in the
future)
Hey neat! try this link for prototypical pictures, the same ones I used. I built
it while I was still doing the EMD, so it's not as great as it couldv'e been.
but maybe you can improve it:
http://www.irfca.org/photos/search.php?=&searchstring=DHR

Regards,
Samarth