 Trains / 23699
Re: New and old to lugnet at the same time :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 03:19:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Samarth Moray wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I'm Samarth Moray, and I'm 16. I've been playing with Lego, like most of you,
since I was a kid. I'm new to lugnet because this is my first post,
but I'm 'old' to lugnet because I've been lurking around for a year now. That
basically means I know most of you. And now you kinda know me :-)

Hi Samarth,

I especially like your co-co undercarriage arrangement, with the actual motor
hidden in the centre. Although it would mean the loco hangs out more in the
corners, it is much easier to make a reasonable length co-co loco ;)

Hi Ross,
THANKS! It's actually quite flexible you know, it's not neccessary that it
should hang out too much. I've got this idea in my head, but I haven't yet tried
it out in real life: Use a jumper plate and fix it into the stud holes between
the wheels, and attach regular hinge plates with fingers to it. then add another
jumper on the other half of the hinge, and voila! you can add a 1 x 10 plate and
cover up the motor, making a nice fuel tank. As an added bonus, you can adjust
the hinge so your loco does not 'hang out more' unlike the design you just saw.

If you like that, you'll LOVE some of the stuff in my head, as I get down to
posting.

Thanks,
Samarth