 Trains / 23688
Re: Updated Johnstown Bethgon Coalporter MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 05:53:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:

I’ve finally gotten around to taking some pics of my Bethgons with some alternate color schemes, as well as employing my son Ross’ truck design.

This one shown is a rare color scheme for BNSF cars that were delivered in the period after the BN-ATSF merger was announced but before final paint schemes were determined.

These pics are a bit of a teaser; I will try and get my others up sometime this weekend.

JOHN

a great design as allways john. now if you could just make them lighter. when i built one off of your pictures it was so heavy i couldn’t see any feesable way to run it. got any secrets? ondrew niltc

Thanks, Ondrew. Well, one could make the ribs out of 1x1x5s instead of 1x2x5s, but other than that, I’m not sure. If the problem is cars breaking away because of the weak LEGO magnets, I’d suggest adding a rare earth magnet between the LEGO magnets. You can buy them online HERE. Or, a cheaper solution is to simply super glue 2 LEGO magnets together-- it’s kind of a hassle setting the cars up that way, but cars will never come uncoupled:-)

Good luck. BTW, I am currently working on ldrawing my Bethgon design (under Ross’ close supervision, of course;-)

And I forgot to mention: check out the “reflector stripes” above the tubs-- I used glow-in-the-dark dino teeth:-) I’ll see if I can get a decent dark pic.

JOHN