 Trains / 22303 (-20)
  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) I noticed in the above article there was the shameful hacking of a good LEGO connector cable. This is needless slaughter! I'm sure you guys have many 2x2 connectors just waiting to be harvested for a useful task! Inside each and every LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) IndyLUG did essentially the same thing a while back. The one problem we had was that we used the really short wires from ZNAP sets, so we ended up with non-Lego wires on the tables and these bulky connectors that needed to be concealed (I (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  My first use of BBB wheels

If I understand the numbering terminology... Dave's 4-4-4 (URL) just received the wheels and kinda built this from memory. It works around the layout, but can't go too fast or falls off thru switches. Have a look and let me know what you think :) (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) a standard 9v LEGO wire underneath it. This serves 2 purposes: It allows connection of a controller to test the polarity before soldering, by setting the controller and touching the wires to the conductors you can quickly see if polarity is (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

"Lewis Valentine" <lewis@nitorco.com> wrote in message news:Hso1E0.1wJE@lugnet.com... (...) Layouts (...) the (...) [ ... snipped ... ] This would make a good topic for an ILTCO article - care to write one? ILTCO Members can submit articles by (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Posters, yes again

How dose a LEGO® club get train posters from ILTCO® without being a member? I have tried to have our club registered, but was told that we need a website and more of a train presents in our club. Well we have 4 active members and all have very (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Official KK and HP 2004 pictures

I'm pretty excited about the Harry Potter sets. They are great for town, train and castle. 4753 is simply spiffy: (URL) the trains: (URL) this standard red or the new darker red? I'm hoping standard red for the train windows. And don't forget that (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Official KK and HP 2004 pictures

(...) XFUT to Trains... so that a subthread can get started, to talk about the new purple TRAIN windows in the Knight Bus (along with some other parts, I'm thinking there are enough parts there now to do a very creditable Orient Express-ish train if (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Attention rtlToronto members

(...) This is one of my creations. I think the grossest over use of motors I've ever come up with. :-) The panel is used to control switch positions on our 45 degree crossover. On this layout it was buried under Altenberg. Each switch was motorized (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) I like Lewis' idea for two reasons: First, since he's only creating an extension of the normal LEGO wire system I can use standard track power connectors, thus elemenating the need for a hard wired piece of track. I know my luck and the wires (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

(...) Good article. I was working on a similar system for ngltc. But i did mine a little differently. My goals other than the obvious were Minimize the modification of lego parts. Keep the cost down. Compatibility. (ie we could use the same system (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

Nice article! I was able to do something similar, except I brought the wire in from underneath the track through the slots between the ties. I also have a very nice soldering iron and lots of experience with getting connections like this to work (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  ILTCO Article - Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts

A new article has been contributed the ITLCO web site. Making heavy-duty powered LEGO® Track Connections for Public Display Layouts by David 'Zonker' Harris of BayLTC. (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce.iltco, lugnet.trains) !

  ILTCO Article - Power Control Ideas for Public Display Layouts

A new article has been contributed the ITLCO web site. Power Control Ideas for Public Display Layouts by David 'Zonker' Harris of BayLTC. (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train Club (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce.iltco, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Big Ben's trainwheels

(...) I thought about this for a while too... the best way is probably to sacrifice an old Technic axle, make a little aluminium bushing that slides right over the Technic axcle, put that into the chuck. Now put the wheels on the Technic axle and (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Big Ben's trainwheels

(...) Thank you. (...) Thank you for the kind words and feedback. The Big Ben Bricks 30.4 (mm) Flanged Driver has never been intended as a end-it-all solution for trains. When I started desiging these I quickly determined that a range of wheels is (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Attention rtlToronto members

Hey, I feel kinda weird asking this since I can usually reverse engineer anything I see on brickshelf but can someone please explain how this (2 URLs) works. I’m thinking about implementing something similar on a new yard and honestly I'm just (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: My ISCC3 entry : Hengelo Bier

(...) I already had a glimpse of the boat at the Frechen gathering, which really is breathtaking. And please congratulate Jessica, her buildings look very good and perfectly fit the scene. -- Jan-Albert van Ree | (URL) Bier leeft!" (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Big Ben's trainwheels

(...) This is the image I posted to the "Big Ben Brick's Beta" mailing list: (URL) diameter of the wheel remains the same, by removing the flange using the blue line as a guide allows the flange of the wheels on either side to actually go *behind* (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Big Ben's trainwheels

(...) Hmmm that might work... Guess I need to take 2 to work tomorrow and put them up on the lathe for some rearranging :D One thing : did you just cut something to make the diameter smaller or did you also make the wheels "thinner" to keep the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact