 Trains / 21463 (-100)
  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Well, I know how pointless it would be to "argue" with Lar (grin), but it would seem silly to not have this be a standard distance. I could easily imagine using a Technic cam or 1x3 liftarm on a wheel. (John frantically searching for FTX (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Good question! It "arguably" doesn't matter as much as some distances though, unless you plan to mount something between them. In many applications you just have the main rod and or connecting rod to deal with and the eccentricity they have is (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) snip One question, I can't really tell from the images: Is the distance between the axle hole and the peg hole a standard stud distance? JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 12 axle Schnabel - virtual MOC

RATS!!!! "Nice model!", says Rob as he scurries off to make his own 32 axle Schnabel. "The world's record WILL be mine! MWWAAAAAHaahahahaa!!!!! Thanks for showing that to me Ben. Rob "Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <ben@1000steine.SPAM-block.com> wrote in (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 axle Schnabel - virtual MOC

(...) Hi Rob! Your Schnabel wagon is great - both the virtual one and the real one in grey as well! I think I do even prefer the real one against the other. But concerning your question: "Schnabel Car -World's longest 6 wide Lego train car?" I have (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Sorry, I wasn't saying that I though that this was the wrong size, just wondering how you arrived at it. (...) Yes, I should have looked better at the images. The ring aroung the middle of the pin (or where the middle of the pin would be if it (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) I'd missed the fact that the 'cover' could be a 1X1 round, that is a veryy good idea. One of my misgivings with a cover was the fact of outside framed locos so this would be best all round Tim (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Developments in the garage door / train car line

(...) later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 axle Schnabel - virtual MOC

Forgot the prototype I loosely based this model on: (URL) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 axle Schnabel - virtual MOC

Can we get a copy of the .DAT file? Or is this one of those models that wouldn't work in the real brick? ;) I like it, but it needs a load..... -Tom (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 axle Schnabel - virtual MOC

That's pretty good Rob, red being my favorite color of course! I once built a depressed-center flat car using ordinary wagon plates. It utilized two 24 stud long plates and a 28 stud plate for the middle. Quite flimsy, and had a small bungalow on (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  12 axle Schnabel - virtual MOC

I finally finished my newest virtual MOC - a 12 axle depressed center flat car (Schnabel). Check it out at (URL) (click on "The Other" brick). I added color to this one and believe it turned out great! Feedback please! BM (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) Playmobile ;) jt (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Mindstorms 3.0 Wish List

I'm giving a presentation about Mindstorms on Wednesday. I have a slide near the end that talks about all the stuff I know people want to see added. Here's what I have so far: RCX === RC communication (but keep the IR port, too) more I/O ports (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.dacta, lugnet.edu, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

(...) I suspect that what a lot of us want to know is what's the skinny on those black spoked wheels... (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) A third party wheel CLEARLY could NOT have the LEGO logo on it... so your solution of sizing an opening to let the user insert a 1x1 round plate (and thus having the logo on there if they wish) is absolutely brilliant. It ALSO leaves the door (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Hi Tim! ??You are asking why I demand this (bigger than set 7750 and smaller than set 396)? Both sizes do exist. So I see no highly urgent need for those. The size inbetween is not only a compromise, but in my eyes the golden center. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Who's driving your train?

(...) My steam engines are usually driven by generic figures in the original minfig blue shirt with pockets (overalls, rather than dungarees) and a black cap. Several red necker-chiefs/scarves would be a nice addition though. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Pictures from the NGLTC display at the November Greenberg show

Here are some pictures from the November Greenberg show in Atlanta this weekend. It was a good show, pretty good size crowds and lots of excited kids. Due to the fact that it was the weekend of Halloween we tried to include a Trick-or-Treat theme (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: LUCNY exhibiting at the CNY Train Fair 11/1, 2

(...) WOW! This show went well. 16 feet by 26 feet -- our biggest layout yet and, naturally, the best display at the whole event which used two huge buildings at the New York State Fairgrounds. We must have heard people tell us that 100 times! I (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

(...) Obviously not castle, town, SPACE., or starwars. Trimming follow-ups to .general. Lets keep it there. (URL) Admiral Giddens <>< (URL) space. (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

(...) Trains? Who said anything about trains? I didn't see anything about trains! What trains are you people talking about? Steve (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Speak for yourself... :-) The other thing this ignores is that a lot of steam trains (the Castle class certainly) had the main drivers going up through a slot in the sole-plate. That's why they have wheel arches, and why British steam (...) (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Trains at Retailers?

(...) Just got Target's wish book in today's paper and it shows the cargo train as one of its "online exclusives". Maybe there's still hope that the high speed train will show up on the shelves soon... Mark (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

"Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:HnIs02.Axq@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] When we have the NCLTC layout on display we deal with this one all of the time. Of course, to make matters worse and generate more (...) (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  SCLTC at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum

The (URL) Southern California LEGO Train Club> returns to the San Diego Model Railroad Museum this holiday season with its biggest and longest running exhibit ever. The layout features six operating trains (including two fully automated ones), a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Best train renderer

(...) If you are just getting started designing legos on the pc, LDraw.org should be your first stop. This is the plcae to get started by downloading Ldraw: (URL) the rest check out the tutorial section here: (URL) will get you started now only (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Best train renderer

I've finally given thought to designing trains on my PC, what would be the best program out there for doing this? -HRH (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who's driving your train?

(...) Incredible, looks just like him! LOL :) -HRH (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who's driving your train?

(...) Fun question! In my SD-50 I have Han Solo as engineer, with Chewbacca in the fireman's seat. JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Most of the above are passenger- DoG is a one off. But, the P8 was a bit more than a make up- there were 3800 of them built. :). Also, when you look at the UK, 9F's have a 60" dia wheel, which is small for most mainline locos- and I am (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Who's driving your train?

(...) That's Engineer Jake! (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More pictures of this train from Zwolle?

(...) If I'm not mistaken all four trains directly in view on this photo are built by Johan Wind. here are a few other pictures: (URL) (starting from 41) Some more details can be found on his website (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who's driving your train?

(...) The trains I build are either driven by themed figs (e.g. the Ice Planet fig in the cab of my Ice Planet train or the World City Police fig that will pilot the World City Police train I plan to build at some point in the future) or in the case (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Who's driving your train?

Been meaning to ask this earlier, but here goes. With the virtual smorgasborg of train MOC's out there, which minifig(s) do you entrust with the throttle/regulator? I know for me that Engineer Max has to be a requirement in the cab of my engines (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  More pictures of this train from Zwolle?

I noticed this trian: (URL) the cocoupler, but the other one - who have built that? Are there more pictures? I have seen a number of pictures from Zwolle, but I can only find this one picture of it. S (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

(...) Now that I actually think about it - forget I asked :-) Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

(...) "Seite nicht gefunden" Is there any other site that has these? Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DD45m prototype CAD

(...) Chris, I got 404 Errors when trying to look. Josh (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

(...) I was hoping to see the trains i've heard blabbering about... Josh (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Raodshow pics up

"Steven Barile" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:HnLILH.23n2@lugnet.com... (...) Looks great - wouldn't be modeled after Multnomah (sp?) Falls would it? ;-) Mike (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Raodshow pics up

(...) Nice... that's so cool! Hope to see the full mountain at BrickFest PDX in Feb 2004. Thanks for sharing the pics, Robin W (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Raodshow pics up

Oh yes a URL might be helpful! :) (URL) more generally speaking www.PNLTC.org SteveB (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC Raodshow pics up

Hi All, Well we got the pictures up of the small 5'x5' two loop layout the PNLTC displayed at the Portland stop of the LEGO road show. It is basically 2/3 of a mountain scene that we are working on to be used in conjunction with our "normal" layout. (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beware All Grave-robbers!

(...) The ground is made up sand green plates and bricks. The lighting in my living room is really yellow, so it throws off the colors. I was hoping for some sunligt to reshoot the photos, but we've had rain here for a couple of weeks. I was (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beware All Grave-robbers!

Beautiful. I really like the mausoleum and the angel statue. Is the ground normal green? Something about the lighting makes it look half way between normal and sand green. Bruce (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Beware All Grave-robbers!

(...) Looks great! It looks like it came right out of the graveyard area in Diablo II :) Love all the little details--lanterns, scythes, and the like! Wonderful job! Dave K (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Beware All Grave-robbers!

I was hoping to get some better pictures of this before presenting it, but time seems to have slipped away. Presenting my MOC for this Halloween: (URL) I got this idea when my daughter placed a skull head on a Harry Potter minifig (nothing scarier (...) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  LUCNY exhibiting at the CNY Train Fair 11/1, 2

LEGO Users of Central New York; LUCNY... ...will be displaying our latest buildings, rolling stock, automated switches, modified track geometry, stock LEGO train kits, etc. at the 29th Annual Central New York Train Fair in Syracuse, NY on November (...) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: new High Speed Train?

(...) Also of note: If you look closely you can see that the piece count on that box art is XXX, so it's pretty clear that it's not a released product :) Adrian (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new High Speed Train?

(...) That picture is one of the pre release box pictures, it was seen in some of the early retailer catalogs but then changed to green before it was actually release to the public. jt (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  new High Speed Train?

Hi, Take a look at this train that is being sold by a brazilian web site: (URL) It looks like the 4511 High Speed Train, but the color of the stripe is red instead of green, the windscreen is transparent light blue instead of transparent dark gray (...) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) How many of those are high speed passenger locos though? In terms of population density, low speed freight locos were much more predominant and they had smaller drivers. (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Well the only 3 reasons I can think are: 1. Mounts on a Technic axle 2. has hole to attach connecting rod 3. has optional counterweight None of which I think the 7750 wheel has 8?) ROSCO (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Given 5 bricks=6 ft (a minifig), then 5 bricks is if anything, midrange. engines I have data on here- 8P (DoG) was 74", a UP FEF was 80", J is 70", German 05 is 90", NYC J3A 79", GWR Castle 80", German P8 69" So, a 5 stud diameter looks about (...) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:HnJ9y1.168C@lugnet.com... (...) Wow, so many of those sets look so... not juniorized! That (URL) helicopter> actually looks like a helicopter! And the new sets in the racer's series! (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

I would also like to give credit for the following building I built for the show: (URL) is Reinhard Ben Beneke's design as can be seen here: (URL) built a fairly close copy using the ldraw file he had posted. I must say it is an amazing model. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from GATS last weekend

(...) Are you guys collecting sales tax? Ed LUCNY (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) I'm coming to the same conclusion, I was originally envisaging a bit larger. But the large size of the flanges makes the dimensions you have to take into account for footplate height much larger than on a 'scale' model. The size ben has chosen (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) From your own picture, eyeballing the measurement by holding pencils up to the wheel and the ties below it and so forth, I get that the hub diameter is just a smidgeon below 4 studs across, while Jason of the green engine wants 3, which (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Hi Jason! He said "no" for any drivers in general. :-( (...) Have a look at this: (URL) On the left hand is a wheel from 396 etc. And I never saw a broken one. My spokes are twice as thick as these old one have been. (...) Have not measured it (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

If you want to see sets, go here: (URL) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Ben - I may have missed something. What did Brad say 'no' to? Moulding this specific part, or big drivers in general? I really like the look of this part, and everyone knows we all want drivers, but I think the spokes seem a bit thin and may (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Twin Wizards Abode (CCC Halloween Theme)

(...) You could strategically place roof details like chimneys, air vents and the like to cover the holes and cutouts for a flat roof. The other good thing about the train plates is that you could remove the whole floor section easily. The downside (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

I suspect that you have to do the same explaining when someone comments on the gorgeous monorails that many clubs use in their layouts... "Oh that? It is a bunch of monorail set and parts from the lat 80's - but Lego no longer produces them..." (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

Ben, Great work here - this is simply gorgeous. -- Bryan "Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <ben@1000steine.SPAM-block.com> wrote in message news:HnHCu2.1BBt@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) This is something i have spent hours working out (in my mind) as I walk the dog every night! My conclusions end up lookin pretty much the same as yours (...) Yes (...) yes (...) How did you reach this? (...) yes (...) do you mean the gap (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from GATS last weekend

(...) J1 and all, I've just uploaded another 25 pictures I took the weekend of October 25 & 26 at the GMLTC's first place finish at GATS. (URL) J1's post-show wrapup (URL) and 'read me' pretty much sums up everything. Enjoy! (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, FTX)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

(...) I want houses/apt./hotels, stores & schools for town: ARCHITECTURE! Jeff (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  sets in 2004? Wish List

So I've been eagerly anticipating the 2004 releases and I have no idea what to expect. How far has lego come with their anit-juniorization? What will become of Town? And what new or returning theme do you wan to see? Yikes I'm dying to see some (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) -some more comments- Not all loco's got it right- the AAR formula used for a period of time to devise counterweight weight was out to lunch- IIRC, the Florida East Coast suffered this badly with some 4-8-4's. Counterweighting and ballancing (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Call for Train Related Presentations at BrickFest™ PDX 2004

Call for Train Related Presentations at BrickFest™ PDX 2004 If you've ever been to a Brickfest, you know it is loads of fun. A big part of the fun is the opportunity to learn from each other... and BrickFest PDX will be no different, learning (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  Re: Pictures from GATS last weekend

(...) jt, I can answer that... We sold about 6 boxes of straight track and a couple small My Own Train sets this past weekend. I don't recall if we've ever sold a set bigger than a Sante Fe locomotive. There are plenty of visitors at our shows happy (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from GATS last weekend

(...) John, Looks nice. I see at the end of the layout a lot of LEGO sets, are you guys selling sets at the shows? If so, are you having any success at it? jt (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Pictures from GATS last weekend

By popular request, I've uploaded a few pictures I took last weekend. (URL) preview here>, or you can wait until the folder is moderated. Folder here: (URL) GATS folder>... I've also included a (URL) with some more info for each of the images in the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Developments in the garage door / train car line

Some of you may remember the discussion between James Mathis and I a few months ago over how to fit garage doors into the side of 6-wide train cars. I've now refined the design in line with the last lot of improvements I suggested, and built a (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

Hi Ben, many thanks for sharing this "new part". Your design is well thought-throw and it would be "THE" addition to train parts. Hopefully there will be someone somewhere reading your article who is able to bring this piece into reality? 1000grüße (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Counterweights were used on real steam engines to compensate the weight of the connection to the rod, so that the wheel would be in balance again. Without, or with incorrect counterweight, at higher speeds there would be a significant (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Great offer in TRU Den Haag (NL)

Spotted today in TRU Megastores Den Haag: 4565 Freight & Crane Railway + 4548 Electric Train Speed Regulator EUR 99,- Duq (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) All right, I'm willing to risk some ridicule for not knowing this. What is the purpose of the counterweight? Is it to balance the load of the drive rod, so that the wheel never has to "lift" and weight, per se? What is the "weight" like? A (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Hmmm, Any chance that one could coerce you to mention to your good informer that someone (ahem) would love to find his name (ahem) among said group? Seriously ... I'd love to have the opportunity to play with a couple of these. Drive wheels (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) True, or get somebody with (CNC) lathe access to do this :D I'd prefer a wheel with counterweight. It might even help protect the part against distortion, since due to the spokes the part might otherwise be somewhat fragile. (...) Let me know (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

I have it on good information that a third party supplier will soon be sending out a set of custom drive wheels meeting many of these criteria to a select group of AFOL train builders for evaluation. Cheers Ben Fleskes (...) <snip> (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Well maybe not, let me change my vote then. (...) I would prefer that LEGO do this. But if LEGO won't do it, then yes I would go third party. As some of you know, there has been some amazing molding done by Jeff ("Little Armory") Byrd to fill (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Hi Rosco! Empty out a new motor (25$) or a defected one (<10$) and you have your power pick up.... And everything is pure LEGO®. ;-) Leg Godt! (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Ben, One thing that would be really nice that LEGO also doesn't provide is a way to pick up track power other than the motor wheels. Now that would be a tricky proposition with the design you came up with. How about a wheel truck similar to (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) I like these criteria, and since we're talking about a MOLD not a part, color is irrelevant, it can be molded in grey or black or red or whatever... I can live with red as the first color run as long as we know another color is coming behind (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Like I said, when can I get a couple dozen in black? I don't see a problem with a third-party product if the quality is good. I can definitely forsee having to explain to *everyone* who looks at our train layout that these wheels are NOT a (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Hi Ondrew! Thanks for the praise! (...) Of course! But since I designed it I wanted to have a start in red. ;-) (...) I think there are other parts you could use: pneumatik tube, Flex-Stuff from the 90ies LEGO® technic, and other parts - Just (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Forget abou running behaviour for the moment: I just wanted to have an impression about the "feeling" of these wheels. How do they look like in a LEGO® engine. For a real model it would need blind drivers or a steering mechanism like here: (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

awsome!! dude this simply rocks. Anyway a few minor points. Have it molded in black as it is more realistic in the USA and in red for the Europeans. Also drive rods! I have never seen a drive rod that is realistic to the squared off shape of the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: (snipped the whole message) Very nice, but unless you're doing some tricks I can't see in your image, your example locomotive won't be able to handle corners. You won't be able to put three of these (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

DROOO...OOOooo...ooolll...lll Slurp....... Mark (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Draft of a new driver wheel

Hi all! In the past we have collected some demands we train heads have on driver wheels. These have been requested several times at TLC so far. Here comes the wishlist to make up a draft for a new driver wheel: 1.) technic axle center 2.) peg hole (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: How to model a wrecked train in Lego??

'Substantial modifications of bricks'...... I'm sure a blow torch could work miracles for a model like that! Duq "Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message news:HnFIxr.HuF@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) of (...) (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: How to model a wrecked train in Lego??

(...) Reinhard, that is both cool and incredibly sad at the same time. Cool to see how plastic melts and deforms under its own weight, but incredibly sad to see it happen to LEGO pieces. Especially how that poor minifig started melting in his legs (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: How to model a wrecked train in Lego??

(...) Careful with doing that. I've been told that ABS has some unhealthy byproducts when burned. Ray (enjoying the fun so long as we all stay well and play well) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: How to model a wrecked train in Lego??

(...) Ha ha... that's funny. YOU'RE funny! (...) That's not funny, that's sick! YOU'RE not funny, you're sick! Oh wait, that was a troll, wasn't it, modboy? (...) Ya, and why buy the set when you can build it AT Target? :-) I think the real question (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Super Friction Specials" - Question at Jake / TLC

(...) [snip - qestion at TLC] (...) Thank you, Jake! I hope you have survived the Saturdays "refridgerator"-talk and our hot discussion from Sunday in Zwolle without further trouble (I got a nice cold when being back here...). On topic of the wheel (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to model a wrecked train in Lego??

In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix wrote: [snip] (...) But I did - you may check it out here: (URL) there are only the thumbnails available for this moment, since 1000steine moves to a new host?) Leg Godt! Ben [snip] (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact