 Trains / 16338 (-20)
  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

(...) perhaps if he did the same idea with older 2x4 classic windows? (...) lol Ross had started a shark nose about 3 years ago using those gray inverted boat bases: (URL) , but he quickly tired of the project. Perhaps because the element locked (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

(...) Tag, Dirk- Here is simple drawing I found quickly of an F3 (the only basic difference between this and our F7s would be the number of portholes) which I used for an online comparison of my F7 with the 10020. It can give you an overall (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

Here's a better picture of a centipede which shows the strong cab window resemblance, at least to me: (URL) out all those wheels. Centipedes never wore warbonnet I don't think, Baldwin seems to have better penetration among eastern roads. Now if we (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe 8 wide

Hi Matthias, I've used the 4x2x3 sloped window frame (2352). Both frames are connected by 1x2 tiles. I've used a hinge (2430) to mount it - thanks to Ben for this idea. Holger Matthes (homa) says that the nose is one stud too long. But I'm not (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

(...) Very nice, Dirk! That window arrangment reminds me of a Baldwin "babyface". (URL) (that first pic is a Centipede but the cabwork is the same for the babyface...). I had trouble finding other pics but the babyface got its nickname because it (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

(...) Dear Mattias! I have seen the half built frond end of that engine at our FGLTC Lego meeting in Mülheim. Dirk has used the 2x4x3 sloped window frames from Lego Basic. In result he had to attach them only rotated in 1 direction (while it would (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

Hi Dirk Congratulation to an impressive 8-wide version of the F7 Diesel. The nose and the front window are the difficult parts to model - you have succeded very well. I wish you could explain how the front windows (which are standard train windows I (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The philosophy of manual uncoupling

(...) Jonathan, I tried this system a few years ago (1999-2000). I don't know if I ever posted pics but I tried two systems. One used a moter to push a 1x16 brick out the back of the engine. I used gear racks to move the plunger. I also tried this (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The philosophy of manual uncoupling

(...) Thanks Rick - the best ideas are always this simple. Automatic (remote) uncoupling can be effected by a trackside mechanism or an on-loco mechanism. There have been one or two AFOL-created designs for the trackside mechanism however I've never (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

:) (...) This was the culmination of one of those slippery slopes you'd never have started out on, had you known the final destination and the cost ahead of time! Start with a cheapish Sears drill press. Add an x/y cross slide vise and use dremel (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Nice of you to say. And you reminded me, Brendan (since you were at BricksWest), that while Ross is in the proverbial spotlight here, I should post pics of the name badge he made for me for the name badge competition at BricksWest which I (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

(...) I got that much from reading the thread. I was hoping that John might have some advice or tips for those of us who do not have access to a computer controlled milling machine. >> Mark << (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Taking monorails a step further

This link may interest some of you.... (URL) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

<snip> (...) I think this pretty well sums up the process, quoting from Larry P. "They're JUST 1x2 bricks. It's not like he was cutting up monorail bases, people.... (oops, better not give him any ideas, he has a computer controlled milling machine (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

John & Ross- Wow! Wow! Wow! When I looked at the Brickself page with the capsule images, I first thought the engine pictures were reference images of real thing. It wasn't until I clicked to look at them full size that I realized they were LEGO. Vey (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New to me 2x2 Green Window

(...) Would you mind elaborating on how you make your parts, tools used, etc? >> Mark << (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego Train Display May 4th & 5th Elgin, IL.

Just a note to let anyone in the Northern Illinois area know that I will be having a Lego train display setup this weekend, in conjunction with the 11th Annual Last Chicago CoCoFest. The show is for classic TRS-80 Color Computers, and isn't a train (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Thanks for the kind words, Ben! I suppose you'll forgive him for building 8 wide, because of his extensive use of SNOT? ;-) I told Ross that you are the "April Fool's guy from Germany" and he laughed-- he is an admirer of your MOCs as well! (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) Thanks, James. It's really great (for me) to see you "pillars" say so:-) -John (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wow! New Train Engine Pics

(...) High praise indeed, HoMa-- and it's 8 wide to boot, na ja? :-) It's good to hear from you and see that you are still lurking about-- I fear that you Deutschers are having too much fun in 1000Steine and have no time for the rest of us in (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact