 Trains / 16224
Re: British Rail InterCity 125-ish (sarcasm warning!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:11:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

James Mathis wrote:

Next, staying 6-wide, I may try rounding out only the section of the waggon
base that is in between the two bogies.  Maybe this would still achieve the
rounded look yet keep the overall waggon height lower.  ??

Hey, just for reference (in reality;-), here is one of my corrugated passenger cars
which I rounded underneath between the trucks.  I really like the effect.

Yeah, that looks really nice.  Darn those Brits for making the underside of
the IC125 waggons look to be roundd over the full length of the car-- even
above the bogies.

It kind of forces your hand to go 8 wide, or at least 7, don't it? Even if
you go with the low profile outer journalless truck that Chris showed
recently you can't rotate the wheels and fit within a 4 wide area.

I am just loving the way you got that upside down and sideways stuff to work
in your mockup, interlocking those 1x2-1x4 brackets is brilliant!

John: Thanks for the reference back to your corrugated passsenger cars.

They do look sweet, although the amount of corro they consume makes one blanch!