 Trains / 16212
Re: British Rail InterCity 125-ish
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:29:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Huw Millington writes:
"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message

Now, for nothing completely different.
British Rail HST InterCity 125 set:

Nice model! I have attempted to model one myself, and tomorrow I will take
pictures of it. My cab uses techniques learned while replicating your APT
cab.

Thanks, Huw.  I have thought, as well, of implementing techniques of the APT
construction, but, I thought that perhaps I could find a use for the 4559
pieces here.  I'd love to do a rebuild; but, that is a very back-burner project.

I like Ben's suggestion to model the rounded underside of the passenger
wagons.  Have you got quarter-curved bricks to try that?

Here's a link to more photos of the real-life IC125 at The European • Railway
Picture Gallery:
http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/gb/diesel/HST/BR/pix.html

If memory serves, the first HSTs, which entered service circa 1976 were in
this livery:

http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/gb/diesel/HST/BR/43159.jpg

The window colour here is dark blue

Thanks for the livery time-line information.

The Inter City livery:

http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/gb/diesel/HST/BR/43099a.jpg

came about in the early 1980's, which was still the 'blue era'. The window
colour is now dark grey.

Ah, this is the livery I should remember having seen them fly through
Grantham, Lincolnshire in Spring 1981.  :-)

I'm looking forward to seeing your IC125 model.

later,
James Mathis