 Trains / 16221
Re: British Rail InterCity 125-ish
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:46:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:

I think 7 or even 8 wide would yield a more appealing aspect ratio for this
rounded waggon base.  However, I think just for fun to try it in 6-wide
first.  No real-brick build, yet, but here is a rounded waggon base
construction that I think should be buildable:

Well done, but the height/width relatio is not suitable... (and this out of my
mouth. Never done a 8-wide so far).

For the bogie plate vertical pin, I think one would need to use the older
bogie plate from the 4.5v/12v era for it has a taller Technic pin.  The
slightly taller height of the pin may be necessary to fit well into the 2x4
Technic plate with holes and turn more easily.

agree: what about using 12V wheels to reduce the height?(ok, they have poor
running behaviour and are without frame.)

I do think that this 6-wide construction looks too tall...especially as it
looks sitting next to a "standard" 6-wide waggon.

That is the weakest point in that design.

Next, staying 6-wide, I may try rounding out only the section of the waggon
base that is in between the two bogies.  Maybe this would still achieve the
rounded look yet keep the overall waggon height lower.  ??

What about "selfmade" (but not-working) doors instead? Obmit to use the 5x4
train door. You can even catch the real colour scheme with completely gray line
over the base.

Regards,

Ben