 Trains / 16220
Re: British Rail InterCity 125-ish (sarcasm warning!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 06:20:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:

Here's a link to more photos of the real-life IC125 at The European Railway
Picture Gallery:
http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/gb/diesel/HST/BR/pix.html

In my eyes the main character of that train (except from the special front end)
is the rounded waggon base. I think one can't do that in 6-wide, but maybe
you should give 7-wide a try? (hint hint) ;-)

I think 7 or even 8 wide would yield a more appealing aspect ratio for this
rounded waggon base.  However, I think just for fun to try it in 6-wide
first.  No real-brick build, yet, but here is a rounded waggon base
construction that I think should be buildable:

For the bogie plate vertical pin, I think one would need to use the older
bogie plate from the 4.5v/12v era for it has a taller Technic pin.  The
slightly taller height of the pin may be necessary to fit well into the 2x4
Technic plate with holes and turn more easily.

I do think that this 6-wide construction looks too tall...especially as it
looks sitting next to a "standard" 6-wide waggon.

Thanks for prompting me to try rounded underside :-)
Next, staying 6-wide, I may try rounding out only the section of the waggon
base that is in between the two bogies.  Maybe this would still achieve the
rounded look yet keep the overall waggon height lower.  ??

later,
James Mathis