 Trains / 16217
Re: British Rail InterCity 125-ish
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:40:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes: • [snip]
Now, for nothing completely different.
British Rail HST InterCity 125 set:

Nor mine.  ;-)  But, just trying to "keep it simple" to see what happens.

In my eyes the main character of that train (except from the special front • end)
is the rounded waggon base.

I have seen a green old-fashion passenger car built with 1x4x1.3
quarter-curved bricks in just this construction.  It looked to be 7 or 8
wide.  Fuzzy memory; over on the German group pages, I think.  Beautiful
model that is.

I'm quite sure it has been from the ISCC - in the train theme:
http://www.1000steine.de/themen/bauwettbewerb/eisenbahn.htm

Always worth to take a closer look at....
My favorites in the train part have been the entry of John Neal and the
"General Purpose" of Dieter. I was a little disapointed that these entries
"flopped" in the voting. Same happened to Larry's wonderful western story with
trains.

Considering the overall quality level of the ISCC entries (which was
stunning, just stunning, don't you agree?) I don't consider my placement as
a "flop", by any means. That entire entry was thrown together in 2.5 days of
furious building just before the deadline.

My only (minor) disappointment is that J2 nosed me out by *one* spot which I
suspect I'll never live down, once he notices it (don't anyone tell him,
ok?). His entry, you have to admit, is REALLY remarkable... that swing
bridge is *so* impressive...

I've said this before and I'll say it again, no doubt... the ISCC was the
best LEGO(r) contest ever held, fan OR company sponsored, bar none.

I boggle to think how much work it must have been to run though... I hope
Rene takes it on again next year but no one could blame him if he decided
he'd rather have an actual life for the 5 month period it took instead of
living eating breathing and sleeping ISCC.

++Lar