 Trains / 15518 (-20)
  Re: Super Chief Roof Shot: Flatter curve than you'd think

(...) Well, I cropped it, so you could see it better, but it is a Super Chief. (...) Not likely in this case. This pic is from the cover of MR (10-99) which was taken at the Golden State Model Railroad Museum, one of the finest layouts in the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two questions about My Own Train engine

Here is a new Question: Has anyone attempted to order _ONLY_ the color kits from Lego without buying the rest of the My Own Train components? I am considering trying to do this. I would love to get my hands on several of the DarkGray, Green, and (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Super Chief Weight Issues

(...) In my experience two motors should be enough to pull a very long and heavy train. Also, I've noticed that when you use 3 motors on a train, every now and then you loose nearly all tracktion power, because on these occasions it somehow drains (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief Weight Issues

(...) I managed driving 2 A-units (one with motor), ML middlecar, ML clubcar and ML endcar (sans motor). My track is on a wooden floor. I will try this afternoon with some extra hopper waggons (2 axle and 4 axle), 7xxx waggons (which are both heavy (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two questions about My Own Train engine

(...) Thanks for the info! I have the older train lighting set, the one which comes with the light brick and the pieces to give a pair of yellow headlights to an engine. I have the silver reflector and a wire from other sets. I don't see how to add (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shop At Home catalog Engine Shed

(...) Has anyone found the instructions to this engine shed on the lego site? I got tired of waiting and have been building an LDraw model of it. I've got the outer structure done using only bulk pieces that lego currenlty sells. Current cost is (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Super Chief Weight Issues

Maybe this is just on my layout since it's on the rug and not a 'real' flat surface. Last night, I connected the #10001 Metorlinear with the superchief engine in the front just to see it in motion and I notice that my poor train could not move it. (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide verses 6 Wide Super Chief Comparison

(...) Go for NYC lightning stripe (two tone grey)! Or PRR tuscan red with multiple gold pinstripes. or SR cream and forest green... wait, those will all be harder. :-) Maybe you should do PC black. That one isn't too hard. Or even Santa Fe freight (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Super Chief Roof Shot: Flatter curve than you'd think

(...) 1. This isn't a shot of a "Super Chief" it's a shot of an A-B-B-A lashup. 2. It's a model, not a prototype, so it's possible the model isn't quite curved right (it happens0 3. It's still a curve all the way from one side to the other even (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max. Track Slope

Hey Jon, (...) Any photos of this engine? I have some of my 24/5/6's (I have 2 of them) on my web page-I might be interested in a cl 37. James P (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Santa Fe Super Chief 'B' Engine Complete

"John" <john@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:3C81658C.9AE3F4...LTC.org... (...) here: (...) close (...) to (...) far (...) 2x3 (...) That's why I state above that the trucks are not done yet... ;-) Also, I put the "It also can't go around tight (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Santa Fe Super Chief 'B' Engine Complete

(...) Hey Dean- Take another looksee at the car you are modeling. The trucks are not as close to the ends of the car as you have them. If you mount your trucks closer to the center, I think you'll find tight curves manageable (although ungainly (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Max. Track Slope

(...) I have exactly that set up on my 'permanent' Lego railway. I have built the underpass to gradients at least as steep as those detailed in the Train Depot site but I'm not sure of the exact 'plate per section' drop as the track base itself (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  My Santa Fe Super Chief 'B' Engine Complete

(URL) are several pictures of my 'B' engine at the link above, along with my 'A' engine. (notice the Road number? ;-) Also, for your *enjoyment* is a beginning of a 4-1 Sleeper-Lounge-Observation Car. (Last pic located here: (URL) ) I didn't have (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Super Chief Roof Shot: Flatter curve than you'd think

(URL) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide verses 6 Wide Super Chief Comparison

(...) *Less*? It may have shortcomings, but *comparatively* speaking, I'd say more in a NYM. (...) Yes, unfortunately, we 8 widers got shafted when it came to TLC curve production. The smallest half round fits into the next size, but there is a gap (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Review of the Super Chief

10020 Train Sante Fe Super Chief Ages 10+, 436 Pcs. 2002. 63 page manual: 1 models, 22 steps. Also Included are instructions to add a motor and a light. Price Range: 39.99 dollars RATINGS (Scale: Must-Have Excellent Very-Good Good Fair Poor) Set: (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two questions about My Own Train engine

(...) I've been making such an adaptation for the large engine, because I liked the side entrances to the cab of the 'without tender' design and wanted to have the tender at the same time. You will need the following bricks in your chosen colour (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Super Chiefs arrived (Yet Another Numbers Post)

Just after I posted, I called up and got the after hours (??) customer service desk. They wouldn't let me order 4, but they let me order 3, and they were looking at my customer record as I placed the order. We'll see if it sticks on Monday... I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide verses 6 Wide Super Chief Comparison

(...) Less prototypical :-)... BEAUTIFUL, but less prototypical. While the way your tankage/skirting came out is just great, way way better than LDs, when I look at the rest of the engine I can't help but thinking it's too squarish. The nose (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact