 Trains / 11331
Re: Great train related web sites?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 00:19:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Katie Dokken writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
*LEGO* train related sites, or just train sites?  If just trains, you can
find most anything if you start here:
http://www.ribbonrail.com/nmra/nmralink.html

HTH,
John

The NMRA is a good site except, the only problem with the NMRA website is
that Large Scale links are very very lacking.  There are some there but only
a tiny fraction of all the large scale websites that are available on the
internet. But then again, there is a big war between Diehard Large Scalers
and the NMRA, and that's pretty off-topic for this forum......

Well if I want proto photos or a close approximation thereof, I sort of
don't care what scale they are as long as they are *to scale* or close. (1)
I can build from an HO pic just as easily as from a proto pic.... (2)

Well if good *to scale* models of prototypes are what you want this is a site I
use all the time (I also head to their factory store as well as they are the
next town over).  They have some incredible G Scale models.

http://www.usatrains.com/

For example here is a great Conrail GP40

http://www.usatrains.com/r22305.html

If LEGO wasn't my game and I had a couple hundred extra bucks I would plop it
down on one of these bad boys.  Granted all that gets me is the engine but they
are sweet models.  Again I hadn't thought of giving this address because it
isn't pictures of real engines.  It is a referance that I use often however.

Eric Kingsley